Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Curtain Idea

What if I told you we have a curtain design that eliminates 'pin in the curtain' calls, increases pin action(quite a bit actually), and is still easy to get in and out of the machine with? It requires some cutting of the old curtain, but thats about it for installation. The problem I have is the old school mechanics often wont try anything new or radically different, so is this worth getting with Ed Fox with, or just a theory?
    My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Re: New Curtain Idea

There are specs on in the USBC rule book on the location and design of a curtain. If the pins rebound easily enabling 7/10 splits to be made or pins rebounding to the deck easily the design would be illegal.

Comment

According to those rules, only the crossbar of your curain must be no more than 14 inches from the pindeck, which would not change in my system, nor would the cushion.
      My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

Smokey:

I'd be interested in any new idea for a curtain that makes for less nuisance calls, easier in/out of machines and will increase pin rebound. At this point, I could give a crap about USBC (the whole 900 thing just disgusts me). How many times do they actually check curtain distance anyway? Half the time, they don't have any competent inspectors who can read a lane level. If you're not trying to patent some new idea, I would like to know the specs.

"Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I can assure you if you had a 900 and a competent inspector viewed the curtain just hanging closer to the pindeck, you would have a score rejected.

Comment

I'm curious as to the different dimensions for different machines, and also why the amf machine is the only one with a MAX dimension.
            Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
              I can assure you if you had a 900 and a competent inspector viewed the curtain just hanging closer to the pindeck, you would have a score rejected.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">His creation, closer is not an issure, believe me....lol

and serious.... if a prebowl Junior single lane while daddys center is closed with no witness can pass, and one with a modified cusion got rejected...... someone would have to get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat:
                Smokey:

I'd be interested in any new idea for a curtain that makes for less nuisance calls, easier in/out of machines and will increase pin rebound. At this point, I could give a crap about USBC (the whole 900 thing just disgusts me). How many times do they actually check curtain distance anyway? Half the time, they don't have any competent inspectors who can read a lane level. If you're not trying to patent some new idea, I would like to know the specs. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That about sums up my feelings EXACTLY. I have lanes I have to level for USBC that are level. And nobody checks anything on the machines. Its not like you can pick up every 7-10 with this mod,just that it might make it a little easier, mabye. Anyways Kat, the problem with it is to get it the way I want it, it would have to be manufactured, otherwise you would have to drill holes and put bolts where you don't want any holes or bolts. This idea is designed to be minutes to install, and maintenance free.

PS: Love the little characters with the signs Kat [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Tell us more !!!

Or get some proto types made up. I'd be interested in purchasing one to see if it worked.
                  Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Smokey,

Sounds like a cool idea…I’m interested, as long as it stays within legal specs. I see no difference in your idea of improving scores (with less maintenance on our part) than HDPE flat gutters and phenolic kickback panels.

Triac

Comment

I already have one, and it is awesome. I really dont see why USBC, which wants scores up, would have a problem with this. I HATE pin in the curtain calls.

Comment

Smokey,

When you come this way to bet on the ponies, feel free to stop by and do the mod on all my machines...I'll watch, I promise. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Smokey,

Just wondering, but.....if it may be a 'little easier' to make the 7-10, are you going to replace the nuisance pin in curtain calls with the nuiscance pin in the channel calls?

Fever
                          I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

You mean the beyond the machine? Nah. Its not like I replace the curtain with a piece of TNT. It really is just a little better. I personally like it, but thats true of alot of mods.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X