Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crazy half hour!

Why is it that all machine faults seem to happen within a relativly short space of time!?
    I seem to find this happens alot!

Lets say, I was working tonight and nothing, nothing, nothing, and then..... off spot, ball jam, turn pan jam, underground (caused by customers and there wondering hands) all in the space of a short time and then nothing at all! A ghost town, not even a hint of a stop! Tumble weed blowing along side the machines with the erie silence of everything's ok. (not that I'm moaning you realise, as the less stops the better!)

Remeber I must not to talk too loudly, swear or curse them, as they will hear me and will punish me next time I am on. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

It's just nuts. Anyone else find this??
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: The crazy half hour!

I recognize the situation. We have no 'facilities' in the back so any calls of nature need to be answered out the back door around the corner of the building. That's on the busy nights or during tournaments. Can't count how many times I've gone thru a slow morning only to get my first batch of calls while I'm standing there shaking hands with Willy.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

This senario seems to be a reacurring one. Lanes are running fine for about an hour and 1/2. Then you hear sweep on lane??... When you get there you find a motor has overloaded and needs to be changed. Then you get 5 calls while trying to get the mtr. changed. Once it's changed, the machines go back to behaving themselves. Aparently this is Mr.Murphy at work here.
      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      People tell me I'm indecisive, but I just don't know...

Comment

Exactly the same happens to us. Yesterday I was on a 7-4, had 3 lane calls all day. Late shift tech came in at 3.30pm. We had 5 calls while we were both in. Then he had 4 more all night. !!!!!

Comment

Or how about your normal night guy writes down an average of , say, 15 stops every Wednesday night. He goes on vacation, you cover for him, and on YOUR Wednesday, 3 or 4 stops?? And you know his reports are accurate.

Comment

Some of that might be the call (logged) that wasn't a call when you got there - 180, ball call - that had cleared normally. Those who logged it up front don't know the call cleared itself.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

All I can say is those babies know there dadies. When he's away they will play.
              There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

had a crazy 5 minutes tonight.

underground on 11/12

The exact second I pulled the trap door, lane 10 dropped a whole rack of pins on the deck (of course I was standing right next to them).

Hurried the underground on 11/12 so I could go catch 10. While clearing lane 10, I had a call to spot a 6 pin on lane 1. I have a split house and at least it was all on the same side.

All within 5 minutes, hell more like 3. After that, nothing for the rest of the night.

Comment

I know what you mean with the mad half hour, the one thing i dread about summer here is when its hot enough outside for the air con to trip out thru excess condenser pressure it can and does hit 120oF behind the machines and oh boy do they break down! it is absolutley unbarable to be on the machine floor and you get fault after fault after fault . . . , melted clutch here, overheated motor there pileups EVERYWHERE!!
                  Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

All I can say is those babies know there dadies. When he's away they will play.

To true .........j.
                    I'm a proud member of www.bowluk.com

Comment

Here Here.
                      maister

Comment

many years ago I was doing an installation in Spain, we tested the machines the hole day after installing with no stop at all. The week after opening they reported lts of troubles started to happen. I went there to see what was wrong, and tested machines during day time, no stops at all.
                        THan in the evening at 7.50 almost all machines had some troubles out of the blue. Next day I saw waiting 7.50 to happen the same, but nothing happend. But at 20.55 hell broke loose. After a couple of days monitoring the 220 voltage I found out that a nearby tennis centre switches on high power gas lamps that took almost all the power away. Than I had 170 volt coming to the machines. Is it stainge that the machines didn't run so nice than? I had some nice hours there with pulling my hair out. And yes it's so that the machines know when you are arround! When you are in the mec room you allmost never have a problem but when you go to the toilet they start.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X