Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brunswick Powerlifts?

I am taking care of a new center which has what appear to be ancient old Brunswick powerlifts. the problem, or brain teaser is, how to adjust the belt tension on these things. nothing appears to be adjustable. motor mount is not pivoted, upper sheave is not in a slot (like the C-90's). to put the belt on you just seem to have to "rubber band" it on, is this right?? Brunswick did this on purpose?? can anyone give me any insight, thanx

Re: Brunswick Powerlifts?

I have never seen one like that but wouldn't think it would be that tough to put an idler on it.
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Sounds like an older unit flat belt powerlift.

I believe Zot and Brunswick make kits to convert to v-belt drive.

To put the belt on, just roll it on to the large pulley.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer:
        I am taking care of a new center which has what appear to be ancient old Brunswick powerlifts. the problem, or brain teaser is, how to adjust the belt tension on these things. nothing appears to be adjustable. motor mount is not pivoted, upper sheave is not in a slot (like the C-90's). to put the belt on you just seem to have to "rubber band" it on, is this right?? Brunswick did this on purpose?? can anyone give me any insight, thanx
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hi Hommer, we make a conversion kit for that style lift that makes the tension adjustable , the part number is 53-860431 and they run $88.75.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
          Sounds like an older unit flat belt powerlift. . .To put the belt on, just roll it on to the large pulley.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes that sounds like it, and what i did to put one on. .

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Fox:
            we make a conversion kit for that style lift that makes the tension adjustable , the part number is 53-860431 and they run $88.75.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">will keep that in mind. just seemed wrong for there not to be adjustment as the belt stretches

Comment

Originally posted by Homer:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ed Fox:
              we make a conversion kit for that style lift that makes the tension adjustable , the part number is 53-860431 and they run $88.75.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">will keep that in mind. just seemed wrong for there not to be adjustment as the belt stretches </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As I recall (Had them in vermont) the belt is more similar to a rubber band than an actual standard belt.

Comment

The original Brunswick power lifts used a standard size flat belt, contruction was very consistant and one size worked. As I recall the motor mount had slots that would allow you to raise or lower the motor. Additionally there was an idler that the belt rode on, this idler pulley had a V belt groove and a V belt that drove the clutch pulley. The idler could be adjusted to tension the flat belt but was used primarily to adjust the V belt.

Many of the idlers belts and V clutch pulleys were removed by mechanics over the years.
                Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                804-240-4982

Comment

Are these the brunswick frameworx type? If So I have them at my center. I have a parts book that shows all of the power lifts most of them look alike. Where is the power/junction box located on the lift?
                  There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X