Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweep Motor Kicks Out

Hey everybody I'm new to bowl-tech. I work in a 36 lane house with 82-70's. On one of my lanes the sweep wont run but the motor energizes and kicks out. I have switched motors and I can manualy crank the sweep up and down. The table wil run from TA1 but runs continuosly when i open the switch. I've changed chassis (I 've used several from different running lanes). checked the C1 and C2 plugs and every thing looks good. I'm running MK-70 Boards with the expander. I havent been back in today but I"m wondering if I have a bad capacitor? Any Help greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Sweep Motor Kicks Out

Hi Dave and welcome to bowltech. Yes you could have a bad cap. Depending on what type of motor and switch you have, you also could have a bad centrifical mechinism, solid state start switch, or potential relay. The easiest thing to do is to plug the table motor plug into the sweep to determine where the problem is. Since you've stated you have already changed sweep motors, hopefully the one you put on is good. Also still could be a problem in the C1 plug. Take a spare male pin and try to insert it into the machine side pins and see if the pin makes good contact. Any further questions, feel free to ask and im sure you will get the answer you need.

Wang

Comment

bad capacitor, bad motor start relay, bad sweep run or reverse switch

Comment

Originally posted by Homer:
        bad capacitor, bad motor start relay, bad sweep run or reverse switch
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sweep run is low voltage... so forget that option.
        So it goes.

Comment

Thanks for all the help it turned out to be something that my other mechanics missed. I had asked them while I was gone to go through and check all the connections in the wireway and the terminal strip. I took it at face value that they did a thorough job. When I came in today I exhausted all my other options so I decide to start over at the beginnig of my troubleshooting. I finally, when rechecking the terminal strip, found that the wire from the machine side of the c1 plug that goes to c1 17dd wire was not connected to the tsa-3 terminal I reconnected it and it runs great. I guess when it comes to fixing things I should maybe take a look for my self to make sure everything has been gone over. I wasted several good hours when the problem would have taken only an hour or less to chase down. Thanks Wang and the others for the input. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_nworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't rule out something mechanical either - especially if it will start to run.
            I put the sweep in guard and disconnect the short rod to make sure is doesn't have a mechanical bind somewhere.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X