Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C90 ball lift control box

Has anyone had problems with the Vantage control box?
    Blue in colour,part no. of p.c. board-v250 001 014.
    We have an interlock switch on our ball returns that is activated when the flap is knocked down the unit stops running.
    I can`t find a connection point on this type of conrol box that allows me to use this facility?
    Also can`t get the unit to turn on/off with the machines and so have to have it on service mode all day which means it`s running all day(not good)!
    The circuitry is good on both machines-tested it with an A.M.F. box that works fine with m/c`s turning on/off and there is also a facility to wire up the interlock switch.
    I was thinking maybe the vantage box is not compatible with our C90`s?
    Thanks guys,
    Triforce.

Re: C90 ball lift control box

We use lots of the Vantage control boxes. We do not use the stop switches though. As far as having to leave them on service all the time, yep. Seems like brand new ones with no discernable problem won't work. Good luck with that.
    My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

Triforce, I may be wrong, but I dont believe that the vantage box even has the buterfly switch curcuit. The Vantage V-LIFT (vantages interpretation of the c-90) does not have the switch at all, so I dont believe they incorporated the function in the box.

Comment

Not having an operational saftey switch is a bit dangerous IMO.

The switch simply sits in series with the motor power circuit, so it should be simple to add that to this Vantage box. Find where the motor hooks up to the circuit board (hopefully there's a screw terminal strip in the Vantage box). Disconnect the motor's active wire from the board, connect one switch wire to this motor wire, and the other switch wire to now-vacant terminal on the board.

Andrew.

Comment

I dont think those small micro switches are rated for high voltage?? (not sure, would that be afire hazard??)

I agree that is not a good idea to eliminate the safty switch.

Comment

If you are running on 70s, take one of the control wires that goes to the A&MC and run it through the the micro switch.
            If that lift has a built-in time delay like AMFs, it wouldn't do much good for a safety switch though. If there is no delay, would work fine. If you have Brunswick machines or 82-30s, you'll have to find a control curcuit tracer on the board to cut and run the switch through.
            The Brunswick safety switch is 2 microswitches, one for each machine (Bruns or 82-30).
            But you know guys, there are only about 5% of the centers that have the lift safety switches. I agree that if you have them, hook em up.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
              I dont think those small micro switches are rated for high voltage?? (not sure, would that be afire hazard??)
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a good point - make sure the switches are rated for motor current (and voltage).

Our safety switches pass motor current (but that doesn't mean all C90s are like that).

Cheers,
              Andrew.

Comment

Without adding additional circuitry to the unit, Ted's got probably the best way to add the safety switch back into the unit. If you want to kill the line voltage to the motor, you would probably have to employ a relay of some kind to switch the current, rather than that little microswitch.

The older shur-pik style roller switches were plenty beefy enough to handle switching the motor directly... too bad they won't fit in the c90's safety switch mounting.
                <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Thanks all for the great ideas!
                  I`ve just priced up a replacement p.c.board for the A.M.F. unit and it was,I thought quiet resonable!So I`ll purchase one in my next order.
                  Will use the Vantage one as a spare unit and try the suggested methods of modifying it.
                  Thanks again for the great ideas,as always!
                  Triforce.

Comment

I quit bying Vantage anything . I just don't like their quality they put into there parts. I just stick with AMF they are more reliable for me especially working in a older facility .

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X