Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/70 SS Chassis continuous spot

I have 2 chassis now with continuous strike cycle. Have checked the obvious, spot relay, brocken wires etc. Got me stumped. I've had one of these before a long time ago, but do you think I can remember what I did. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] If only I would take my own advice. 'Make notes'

Re: 82/70 SS Chassis continuous spot

Need a bit more info...

Original SS chassis with 5-boards, SS upgraded to Omega-Teks or other single board setup, MP Chassis...?
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If you are using Omega Teks with expanders - swap out the expnader with a known good one. I've seen them do this b-4. If you have original 5 boards - TOSS 'em in the TRASH and get omega teks! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] Oh yea, also swap out the spot relay - sometimes the contacts get fused together &amp; will cause this. Just a couple of things to ponder.....
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I am running omni boards if you have heard of them. They are not as good as omega teks but way better than 5 boards. I have tried different boards and still have the problem. Have I missed somthing here, c2a or somthing?

Comment

Scruff

Could you go into more detail about what you mean by continous strike cycle?

Thanks
          Wang

Comment

Continuous strike cycle. Sweep drops to first gaurd, table comes down feels for pins sweeps goes through and back to 2nd gaurd, spot solenoid pulls in and spots on top of pins in cells.

Comment

Ohhhh, Omni Boards - the rip off board version on early O-T's...then you DON'T have the expanders. Did you swap out the spot relay?

Comment

also, do you have scoring? If so what kind?

Comment

I know, they are **** boards, do the job though. And yes I have swaped out relays and boards, the problem lies in the chassis. Where! I don't know [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_curse.gif[/img]

Comment

Ohh. And my scoring system is Computer Score, DVS ver.2.0 running matrix software on server.

Comment

Have you tried moving the chassis to another machine, to confirm the trouble is in the chassis and not the machine?

Comment

Just a thought, but have you pulled the spot relay out and checked if it is still doing it? Also have you tried moving it to another pair like Klixon said?

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff:
                          Continuous strike cycle. Sweep drops to first gaurd, table comes down feels for pins sweeps goes through and back to 2nd gaurd, spot solenoid pulls in and spots on top of pins in cells.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This sounds like a table cable issue.

So what you are saying is.....

sweep drops to 1st guard 1st ball...
                          time delay...
                          table feels for pins and picks up standing pins...
                          sweep runs thru to 2nd guard...
                          table then spots pins on top of pins in cells (strike cycle)...

If your scoring is not interfaced with the pinspotter, i.e. "tells" it what cycle to go through, then start with the table cable. It sounds like the pinspotter is just not detecting standing pins.

Comment

I have no table wiring, all gone. I have tried the chassis on several lanes, with different boards, changed spot relays. The only thing I havent done is try it with an omega teck board. I'll do that today. It's not the scoring system as I have unpluged it from the machine.

Comment

I assume with no table wiring you must have some sort of scoring interface on the omni board to get pin-read data.

But with the scoring unhooked, that's obviously not going to work, but I'd assume the board would 'fall back' to sensing the GS/TAC inputs (which should be grounded for this reason). Do you have your TAC board jumpered to earth/ground?

Can you disable the 'expander' function on the omni board?

Trying the OT board is a good idea too.

If it behaves the same though, check the wires from: C2A-41 though C2A-410 to the motherboard and then follow the motherboard tracks to the #4 slot (4 of them go past the #5 slot on the way, but ignore that).

Does the Omni board plug into the #4 board, or have a daughter board there?

Hope that helps,
                              Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X