Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platinum carpets

I installed a new platinum carpet the other day. When I turned the machine on to run it for some breakin time it was chirping, humming, hard to describe the sound. Thought it was just part of the breakin so left it alone. The noise did not go away. You could hear it up front. It was driving me crazy. Turns out that the combination of the phenolic rear bounce board and the carpet was to blame. I pulled the pit again and put an older original bounce plate in and the mystery sound went away. Anybody else have this problem with platinums and amf phenolic bounce boards ?
    The only difference between the two bounce plate assemblies was the rear board. Both had new original style vib. dampners on them.

Re: Platinum carpets

I had a harmonics problem with a few belts, with original BBd's and vibe dampers. I thought I had a bad bearing somewhere. Drove me nuts. Sorry I can't remember whose belt it was. The noise went away after a while.
    Go Pirates

Comment

I have one that does this as well. New boards from JCP and a new platinum carpet from AMF. I've had Vantage carpets do this is as well. I just live with it. I'm not going to throw away new parts.

Mike
      Mike

Comment

I had this happen with a new AMF pumpkin.

Back before the new carpet, I raised the opposite side bounce plate bracket to give the ball more angle to the door. With the new carpet installed it roared. I gave it a few days but it never improved. It half drove me insane so I lowered the bracket down a touch and it shut up.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X