Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balls jumping off downshute

hey all its me again. i am having a problem with amf 82-70 with pbl conversion. Only 6 pound balls jump off the down shute it happens about every 10th time someone throws a 6 pounder. i checked downshute both the wooden and the metal to see if there are any breaks or alot of movement. nothing to my amazement everything looks like it is well lined up i just dont get it. usually when i have this type of problem it is every ball weight. please i am confused any suggestions appreciated. leave a post here or if you want to talk to me personally i have a cell phone on me down back call me 1-570-527-8926. thanks i will check here often and let you guys know what the solution was when i find it. thanks Matt.
    When in doubt check at bowl-tech
    When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Re: balls jumping off downshute

i had this problem a while a go and found it was the PLB running too fast causing the lighter balls to jump when they got to the top of the ball lift rails. i think it has something to do with the size or type of the backend belt pulleys.
    "Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

Comment

Did you flip the ball lift shock to the even lane side of the lift?

If the shock is on the odd lane side the lift will not pivot high enough and it will "spit" out the light balls.

Comment

After checking the obvious (no welds broken on the upper downsweep track), ensure you are using the 5" PBL clutch pulleys. The 5" is the slowest speed and will not launch the lighter balls from the top of the lift. 4" is medium speed and the 3" is the fastest (not recommended).

"Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

the ball lift is not running any faster than any other lane the shock i put on both sides the ball is not leaving the track til after the ball lift no longer has any control over it it leaves pretty much at the top as it starts to head down the down sweeep
          When in doubt check at bowl-tech
          When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

OK then, are ball wipes in use? Is the upper track level from side to side?

"Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

If you manually lift on the ball lift and it comes screaming down the shock may be bad, your tension is set way to tight or both.

If your tension is the turnbuckle and chain type…try adjusting it with slight slack when the ball lift is at rest.

Triac

Comment

Comment

Slowing down my lifts have really elimated the balls jumping off problem at my place.

You may want to check to see if your downsweep is level.

Comment

Be sure that you have the proper tension on your ball lift belt.
                    If you do not have enough tension on the belt it will give way rather than the lift raising. When the belt gives way the ball will be farther under the upper pulley when it reaches the top and this will also cause the Ball Lift to "launch" the ball.

Comment

One more "goodie" ya may wanna try.
                      Swap out 'factory' three and a quarter inch carpet drive pulley off back end motor with slightly smaller pulley from Grainger.3x771 I believe...
                      fatty

Comment

Look for damage around the capping 'toilet seat' where the rails enter the underground. if the downsweep track or the transition shifted too far left or right, the balls can wobble enough to contact the edge of the capping and bounce off, causing them to jump off the tracks. The ball damage is usualy pretty easy to spot... it looks like someone took a ballpeen hammer to the edge of the board.

You can also check this by laying on the lane at the downsweep, and running the other lane in the pair with only th pit running. Have someone up front roll balls down the gutter so the machine will return them. As the balls come down the rails and go underground, listen for a click or clunk when the ball reaches the capping.
                        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

It may also be a centering on the track issue.
                          At the top of the PLB the track can be adjusted left and right, also on the lower section of the down sweep next to the lower wiper support.

It could be that the track is not quite centred and the ball is clipping off the frame of the the machine causing it to "de-rail", especially if it is coming off before going underground.
                          The track may look centred, but take measurements and re-align it. Place the ball by hand and run it down the track to see if any intereference occurs. It could be catching on the lower wiper too?? Especially if you have had the up-rails out recently.
                          Perhaps try adding a spring onto the side of the PBL to the machine frame to help the return piston??

I have lanes which run very fast PBL's and the LBS travels quickly also, due to smaller pulleys being used, and have not come across this as an issue of forcing balls off track at the top of the PBL, in my experiance so far. But hey.... don't over look anything.
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X