TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end install on a 70

Was looking for a procedure to position the front end of an old type 70. (adjustable legs)

Have one machine which was having issues with. When measuring from the back of the 7 and 10 spots to the back of the table, one side of the table was pulled as far back as possible. This would only achieve 8 inches, the other side was pushed forward to also achieve 8 inches.
    This indicated to me that the front of the machine was not positioned correctly on the channels on top of the kick backs.

I know that I should try and achieve 5/8ths of an inch from the 7/10 line to the centre of the bolt on one side, and 3 1/4 inches on the other side.
    (This will allow room for the table to be pulled back to 8 1/4 to 8 1/2 inches from rear of spot to rear of table)

Obtain 6 1/2 inches from 7 /10 line to the edge of the pit, with a 1/4 inch gap between the pit and the kickback.

What is the best method of achieving this?? It is very difficult to measure from the 7/10 line scribed on the machine frame to the centre of the bolt that holds the machine down onto the channel on the kickback.

Haven't ever read of any tips here on bowl tech about this.

Any top tips??

PS. Also I must correct a mistake I wrote a while ago. An old 70 machine frame height must sit 19 and 1/4 inches of the pin deck. A new 90 must sit at 18 and 7/8 th's.
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Re: Front end install on a 70

AMF has a 'flag' that sits on the studs on the 7 and 10 respot cells. The point of this flag should point to the center of the 7 and 10 pin spots.
    You move the table posts to achieve this - as long as the 6" scribe line is centered on the 7/10 line brought up to the top of the kickbacks.

Bottom line; this positioning should leave you with about 1/2 of the spot and respot rod length adjustments once the rest of the table leveling and the x-casting stop stud are adjusted.
    I put the 90's at 19" - primarily for sweep to gutter clearance.
    It seems engineering never intended it to be put on a wood lane that this measurement will change. If the spotting has a problem at 19" (due to the steel table weight changes), remove one of the 4 counter-balance springs for a few months.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Can't go wrong with 19". For 70's, the "anal" installers used to insist on 35-3/8" from the pindeck to the underside of the UPPER frame member, claiming that there were variations in the dimensions from the upper to lower frame rail, due to fixturing & welding techniques. A 1/16th of an inch height variation is not going to make a noticeable difference, so I go with the 19" dimension. HOWEVER, do not drop lower than 18-7/8" if you want good sweep adjustments.
      The old installation manual I have says 3/4" from the 7-10 line to the stud.
      As far as scribing the line, I have a tool that marks the exact center of a pin spot. I mark the center of the 7 & 10 spots, straight edge across them to the kickbacks, mark that position with a Sharpie marker. Then, using a 16 or 18" level, plumb that up the kickback and mark the top of the lickback. A line should be scribed on the lower frame rail exactly 6-1/16" from the back edge. That's your 7-10 line-up mark.
      Don't forget to align the outside of the frame to the inside of the wood kickbacks before tightening the hold-down nuts.
      If all the above is correct, then flagging the table with the AMF flag tools will put you right where you need to be for future adjustments.
      Any spotting problems after all the proper repositioning, you need to start looking at the cams and the front spot/respot arms.
      Good luck!!

Comment

Excellent information guys.

Yeah, the 3/4 is stated, but it will only allow the table to be pulled back to 8 1/4, so if you go to 5/8ths this gives you the extra clearance.
        1 and an 1/8 is measured to gain the centre of the pin spot I think.

I always wondered how they did this. On the machines the 7/10 line on the kickback should be extactly under that of the line scribed on the machine frame at 6-1/16th then, Thus the machine will be sitting in the correct position.

Could possibly scribe the machine line at 6 and 1/4 to obtain the table to be pulled back far enough to help elliminate double shuttling and the cups to sit flat next to the shuttle.

Anyone see any drawbacks of this??
        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Alistair. remember this should be 3/4 plus not 3/4 minus and 3"plus not 3" minus. Front end needs to be back to give you the extra 1/8".
          The square set at 8"plus on 7 and 10 is far more accurate than the flag.
          maister.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
          I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
          Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
          Working...
          X