Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$82/70$$$

If anyone could help me out here...
    Trying to come up with a fair asking price for some 82/70's (for a friend who's closing his center). I have my own suggestion, but was wondering what you think.
    Price for the machines alone, not including removal, installation, transportation. AS-IS.

Specifics:
    -SS Machines manufactured in England.
    -Elco chassis with Lynch Omni Boards.
    -Newer contacts in original contactors.
    -Relays and connectors in great condition.
    -Currently in low-lineage center in excellent running condition.
    -Approx. 1000 FPS.
    -National Motors, all dry and quiet.
    -Kickers; Virtually NO ball calls.
    -New style sweep bars (purchased 5 years ago, some to be installed)

-Due for carpet belts in a year or so.
    -All other belts in great shape.
    -Any bad ring tubes or front rollers (One for sure)will be replaced when pulled.
    -Very Clean, well maintained, very good condition.

Want any more info?

Thanks!!
    DJS

P.S. Ted - if you're out there, you're good at this.

Re: $$$82/70$$$

$1K per machine.

Comment

yeah i agree with king i'll take 12 of them
      mrmopar

Comment

Agree with King,dont forget,its going to cost a good bit to ship them and install them.

Comment

So 82-70's are worth more than A-2's then? Someone told me they ar eoften worth double the price in the same condition.
          Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Comment

I would have to say no, I paid $500.00 for some 70's that were in decent condition and had to remove them and have paid $400.00 for a complete deck assembly for an A2. To me $500.00 a machine is a good deal if I provide the labor to remove them but I am looking for a deal and not needing them. There is a huge difference between someone looking to put in machines and someone looking to purchase for extra parts and there are a lot more people looking for extra parts.
            Drill

David Bolt
            Champaign, IL
            USBC Silver Coach
            IBPSIA BOD
            IBPSIA Advanced
            Technical Certified
            Pro Shops

Comment

Thanks, everyone. So far, we have a buyer who wants us to transplant them into his Brunswick center. But the deal is not solid, and may fall through at any time. Then we will be facing a major decision: strip down for parts or store for use as is, or possibly even rebuilding them up "nice and pretty" and trying to make a good buck on them later.
              But considering selling parts:

Motor/gearboxes @ $200 each
              Bin assembly @ $50 each
              Shuttles @ $50 each
              Tables with yokes @ 200 each
              Distributors @ $100 - 200 each
              Ball Lifts @ $100 each
              Front End Drive Components (Shuttle Operators, etc.)
              Torque Tubes/Rocker Arms @ $25-50 each
              Good Cushion Assemblies @100 each
              Complete Pinwheels @ $100 each

Etc...Etc... Prices sound reasonable? If so, this is starting to look rather profitable.

Comment

So you can find an 82-70 for $500.00? That's comparable to an A-2, and the 82-70's seem to weigh less. One of these days I would like to get a pair for lane 5 and 6 to sit next to the 82-30's. Isn't there a few versions of the 82-70 chassis? years back I had the opportunity to get two of them cheap from a warehouse, but they were the version with the plastic topped chassis. Does anyone have a list of the different types of 82-70's?
                Old and obsolete? It's new to me!

Comment

If you decide to part them out, let me know. I'm not big on used parts but motors I may be interested in.

Comment

I would be interested in about 6 rear rollers!!
                    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

motors, motors, motors,,, call me and i will take a few of each...thanks,,, jkokenge@aol.com

Comment

I am interested in purchasing 2 more machines, I will give you $1,000.00 for 2 machines and I will remove everything.
                        Drill

David Bolt
                        Champaign, IL
                        USBC Silver Coach
                        IBPSIA BOD
                        IBPSIA Advanced
                        Technical Certified
                        Pro Shops

Comment

Tallrick: there is an old thread somewhere with the history of 82/70's, but I don't remember where. Maybe in the archives. For now:

82/70-A (Stepper relays)
                          82/70-B (Stepper relays)
                          82/70 SS (Solid State Chassis)also know as Elco Chassis
                          82/70-C (Solid State C-23 Chassis)
                          82/70 MP (Micro-Processor Chassis)*

Concept 90/8290
                          82/90 XL
                          90 XL
                          90 XL-i

*There were several versions of the MP Chassis. The one that came with all production machines was the heavier, silver-boxed one with electro-mechanical table and sweep contactors.

The MP-2 was an aluminum, gold colored (lightweight)unit with solid state contactors. It was the same size as the original MP.

Then there came the MP-3, the low-profile chassis with no moving parts, manufactured by Creative Technologies (now ZOT). The first of these MP-3's was called, by AMF, the "ROBO CHASSIS". When CT designed the "Ultra-Chassis", AMF dubbed it the "Superstar Chassis", which is still offered today as a replacement.

Comment

We may actually part-out some. If you are interested in any parts or sub-assemblies, please PM me. PM's go right to my e-mail via AOL.
                            No promises, but your PM input will help us decide.
                            Thanks,
                            DJS

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...
                            Working...
                            X