Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpets stalling

Anybody having problems with carpets stalling.I have a few and they have been in for less than a year.Can you guess which brand?

Re: carpets stalling

Does it begin with a V??

Comment

Let me guess, AMF Pumpkin? Carpets stalling can be a few things but I would first look at the tracking. You want to see at least a tiny bit of space each turn of the front roller between the carpet and the rim of the front roller at least for a split second. If you have the carpet firmly against and can't see a little gap at all, your tracking too hard and that can cause stalls and quick wear. Other thing is front roller tension and that being that the roller hinges are not stiff and that the springs aren't weak. My other thought which I hope it isn't, is the carpet stiffening up from oil drying it out. If thats the case, thats gonna suck. I think I got all the culprits, did I miss any?
      Indexer2

Comment

Front roller hitting against the kick-back. Carpet comming unraveled and winding around the roller & bearings. Pin laying in between the carpet. Bounce plate broken or a piece laying against the carpet.Drive pulley not tight on rear shaft.

Roller tension & bearings already covered.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head indexer2
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Another vote for the AMF pumpkin. Theyre mean until they soften which is hardly ever.

I will give credit though. They are some TOUGH mothers..

Comment

These are Vantage carpets that are discontinued. Was told I need to replace my support springs,my other carpets are fine.

Comment

Thats what I thought. Yes, I have had stall problems with many of the Vantage carpets. I now exclusivly use either the EBN carpet, or Stahls ugly white. The EBN seem to break in a bit faster, the Stahls claim over 14 years of service life.

Comment

Vantage Premium I would guess?

If so, I cant complain about those.

Only had 1 out of several that gave a problem.

Comment

yes, most of my bad experiences were with premiums. lot of holes at the splice too.

Comment

We thought we'd beat the stalling issue a few years ago by installing fresh springs on our fr.roller hinges.Got about eight lanes in and problem was getting worse!Well,stopped everything,scratched our heads for a bit,then decided to measure some of the new springs in from Vantage against old originals.Newbies were about 3/16" LONGER than oldies!!!Perhaps if they woulda missed 3/16" shorter(wink,wink-hint,hint)
                    that may've been more gooder me thinks...
                    fatty

Comment

Originally posted by James Bandy:
                      Remove the rear roller and use some 80 grit emory cloth to rough up and remove the glaze on the surface of the roller.

Works wonders!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have sprayed them with 3M spray adhesive.... works as well, but....

just buy a good carpet, and you dont have to deal with it. EBN is very reasonably priced, and seem a good carpet... CALL ED!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have done the grip tape but,these carpets are less than a year old.I want these replaced. I was told from a rep.they didnt know about this problem.

Comment

Amf Platinum carpets. Pricey, but damn good so far. Have like six of them. Been in for...ahwile. Have no concept of linear or exponential time. Six months? A year? Hard to say. They rock though. Right out of the damn box they rock.

Spray or liquid adhesives help, so will scuffing up your roller.

I have cut links off of support springs to help this, but its a b*tch to get the shortened springs back on sometimes.
                          The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

As a temporary fix-it, pull the edge of the carpet back and dump some of Mr. fox's pin deck treatment inside. It will get you through a few days without stalling.
                            &quot;Gun control is the policy of tyrants&quot;
                            Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                            Working...
                            X