Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Lift Assembly

I'm looking for any information on how to put together a ball lift assembly, how to change belts etc...

Thanks for any input!

Re: Ball Lift Assembly

Be more specific. Are you talking about the entire assembly or the ball door area. Which kind do you have PBL or Kickers? Or are you just looking for any info on the entire ball lift assembly?
    There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

Sorry, I have humpbacks with tuffy air-lifts I'm primarily looking to change the main ballift belt.

Comment

Its kind of wierd to do by yourself untill you get used to it. You have to remove the rail at the top of the lift (with lift out of the machine) you then turn it upside down and re-install it leaving the bolts loose. I usualy lay the lift on the ground with the belt laying flat on the floor. You then step on the belt with 1 foot close to each of the pulleys. Then, with one hand, pull up on hte top edge of the belt. when you have the spring sufficantly compressed, you tighten the bolt (s) on the rail. this will hold the spring compressed, and allow easy removal of the belt.

I wish I could explain it better...lol reading this with never seeing the procedure may be hard to visualise. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
          You have to remove the rail at the top of the lift (with lift out of the machine) you then turn it upside down and re-install it leaving the bolts loose.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is even easier if you secure the bolts after putting some more pressure on the belt, the spring Will get tighter and the belt more loose .
          So it goes.

Comment

I actualy usualy use the vise, and push one side of the belt with my foot, the other I pull by hand. the description of that was even less vague than what I came up with....lol

To show it is sooooooo much easier....lol

Comment

no doubt, its easier to learn this watching someone else. No amount of explaining will make it clear. Best advise is just to go and do it.

Obviously that belt has a lot of tension so be careful when de-railing it

Comment

Hey David

It's not all that hard. I'm only about 2 hours from you. I have to go up north and install humpbacks across a 8 lane house. And do some other installs next week. But this weekend is open if you like some help.
                Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Very nice of you Old. It is sooooo much easier to show than tell...lol

Comment

Ya but he never called me. Dont know if he figured it out. Or if he hasnt checked his PM's.

Comment

I'll be giving you a call later today. I got the message just had all heck break loose here the past couple of days. I'll be in touch.

Thanks Ken

Comment

I HATE when "all heck" happens.

Comment

Dave

Glad I got to meet you. Also glad we have that belt issue taken care of. Let me know how you like them new front rollers. I know I like them alot. Let me know if you need anything else. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Ken for dropping in, can't believe how easy it was once I saw it. I'll let you know how the rollers work out. I'll be in touch. Thanks again.

Comment

just curious David... did the explination make sense after you saw it?? or was my wording still vague?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X