Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some info

I need some info on the Solid state chasiss with the Xop board in it. I need to know if there is anything in that board that could cause that machine to inadvertanly cycle on its own. Like maybe a ground that could be off or somthing in the chassis itself. I have had these and never seen what I'm seeing with this scorng attached. the problem that I'm have is in the Qubica scoring section. Still not convinced it is the machine or scoring. Everthing I've tried rules out each other. Just in case I would like to have a diagram Or some solid proof of somthing other than the scoring. If anyone out ther has had some of these boards cycle on there own please speak up. Thanks in advance.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Re: I need some info

May not be much but there is another thread on here about someone having similar problems with a c.b. radio and even someone stating they had this same problem with smoke eaters. Could be worth looking into and shutting down a few things just to see if it makes a difference.
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Thanks drill I will look into it and see if the smoke eaters might make a diffrence. As far as radios I haven't heard anything come through the P.A. like he did.
      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

That is something that XOP boards are known to do. I have heard it from a lot of people who have them. I suspect it is problem with the software that they never fixed. I have yet to find a fix that anyone came up with. Ya just gotta live with it or get Omega Teks.
        I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I had dealt with XOP's for 2 years and never have seen this. Sorry if I can't help here, but a loose reflector on the ball betects is something often overlooked. sorry that that is all I can add. Not to insult your intelligence.
          Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

I have to agree with bent wrench. I've had XOP's in the 5 board chassis' for over 8 years + with no problems that's been described. However I have AccuScore+. I'm sure lafarge has checked the obvious, touchey cycle switches and reset buttons, bare wires in the underground channel, electronic triggering, etc. If all of that checks, I might lean towards a grounding problem.
            Leyton at Tahoe

Comment

I had this years ago in a 16 lanes 70's house. Only the first 12 lanes had this problem. All lanes had SS chassis with Omegatek boards. It only happened mid summer or mid winter. Turned out to be static discharches on the ballreturns. The first 12 lanes had Mendez ballreturns with synthetic balltrays. The other 4 lanes had Brunswick ballreturns with a metal plate in the middle of the balltray and did not have this problem. I made a groundwire in the ballexit of each ballreturn that touches the ball when it comes up to discharge it. No problem since.

I think that if your machines are cycled by your Qubica scoring (misalignment of photocells or similar), you would have a (zero) score coming up on the monitor of that lane each time it happens.
              If a machine doesn't want to be fixed, it will let you know. Over and over again!

Comment

Looks like this problem was solved and the answer is in the Qubica scoring section under same user name.
                Drill

David Bolt
                Champaign, IL
                USBC Silver Coach
                IBPSIA BOD
                IBPSIA Advanced
                Technical Certified
                Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X