Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor for overlane return

I need a few motors for AMF overlane ball check. Anyone know a replacement part #. Grainger
    did not help, unless I missed something. Long story.
    Or maybe you know where a few are collecting dust?
    Is the start relay still available for this motor?
    Go Pirates

Re: Motor for overlane return

Did you ask them about the motor, or take one down to them and show them? I've found that if you try to describe what you want by specs only, they're about useless, but if you show them what you need, they can usually locate something comparable.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Gman I took one down there, more than once. And spent some $. Size is a real constraint. 3.5" Dia. max We found a couple that would fit in my space, HP range , etc., but they were all PSC (blower) motors and they got too hot without air over. This is a very enclosed space. Melted several urethane tires. (See next post). Like I said, long story. Screwin' with this for 2 yrs.
      Good news for me. I found a shop locally that can repair/rewind them. Will find out tomorrow how much $.
      Go Pirates

Comment

Find some out of sure pics. They are the same, but you have to reverse the field wires as they will run backward if you don't. I have a couple extras, how about a trade for a couple Omega Tek boards?
        Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I have surly pics in my (split)house. My sure pic motors are a lot bigger(Too big)). Will not fit in available space.
          The O'tek chassis are "kind of" sold but not a done deal.
          I still have a few sweet 30's parts.
          PM if you are intested
          Go Pirates

Comment

Good luck finding a replacement. I have about 10 used motors in stock. They all run when tested, but when you install them and put the belt on, the all need a manual kickstart to start running. I had a few newer ones that didn't exactly bolt up, so I designed a bracket kit to make them work. But, I'm out of the newer ones and I can't find a replacement for any of them.

Maybe a motor repair shop might be able to do something for you.
            Fusion Bowling
            (904) 318-7206
            (904) 701-BOWL

Comment

Sorry for the bad info 70/70. The only AMF overlane returns I have seen had the same ball check setup as my lazy susan returns. That is where I came up with using motors from sure pics.

Still trying to talk my dad into some Omegas. They sure make my scoring problems go away versus having stepper chassis.
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

There is a compatable motor from Grainger part number M3290. You will need to modify the bracket.
                Save the environment, eat more beef.
                No more Ethanol, save Beer.

Comment

lanemech. I checked on graingers website and can't find M3290. Is that the correct number

Comment

lanemech, did u mean 3M290...looks like it might work with mods... Thanks if that's correct

Comment

I pulled a center with these returns If intrested I have 8 of those motors.

Steve 201-259-6943

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...
                      Working...
                      X