Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pindication problems

Hi guys,
    I have just taken over at another center, and my dilema is my last 6 lanes are MP chassis to which i have NEVER set eyes on before, what my prob is that 2 of my lanes have no pindication the machines function fine just no 1st or 2nd ball lights etc.
    I assumed that like a SS chassis there is a Klixon that functions in that circuit and i noticed that the MP chassis has 2 of them, BTW both of which metered out just fine, i noticed that connected to of the overloads was a what appeared to be a rectifier so i changed that and now have 2nd ball light just no first ball, what is strange is that the lower LED's on the masking unit card do not light up even on 2nd ball but if you run another chassis they do????
    So what guys, controls pindication in the MP chassis, just to rule out already i tried the MP board from the next good working lane and no difference,
    ANy help would be greatly appreciated fellas..

Cheers Brett
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Re: Pindication problems

Check to make sure there is a ground on the mask socket pin #33. I had a chassis a loooong time ago that didn't have this wire and you don't get a 1st ball light. Should be a wire going to a ground in that pin.

Jon
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Re: Pindication problems

I don't have MPs but we have two styles of LED mask cards, with different pinouts. So, just be aware that that may confuse issues.

And I agree with Jon in that with these mask cards, a missing ground can give misleading behaviour (some lights working anod not others).

In most of these cards, the 1st ball is always on thanks to the ground wire Jon mentioned. However, the oher style of LED card we have doesn't have an extra ground but an extra 12V connection. They were for 30 machines previously.

So I suggest comparing carefully a few of the chassis, plugs and mask cards to note any differences.

Cheers,
      Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
      Working...
      X