Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chassis

Since Omega Tek quit building their super awesome black chassis, does anyone else make a chassis (SS) that is worth a damn? Preferably new.
    My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Re: New Chassis

I have one black omega-tek chassis. Contactor replacement is an interesting operation, let me tell you!

What about ZOT?
    Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

You should be able to buy 4 used AMF chassis for the price of one new one.

Comment

I had a very poor experience with the CTI Ultra 98's, but I understand that Zot has redesigned them since they took over CTI. They might not be so bad now.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 king:
          You should be able to buy 4 used AMF chassis for the price of one new one.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And that's a good suggestion in my opinion, because I would have asked why is there a need to replace the originals, albeit the boards they contain. Replace the boards with the best (IMO OmegaTek M70s) and a chassis problem is a rare event (because essentially the chassis is a box).

Nevertheless, the question remains, what are you trying to replace and why? It's interesting for he rest of us to know.

Cheers,
          Andrew.

Comment

Trying to replace SS chassis. I have a slew of problems, each more frustration than the last. It is hard to explain the electrical nightmare that we have here. Things burn up and get destroyed for no apparent reason. At one point, Omega Tek stopped repairing my boards, because high voltage was applied. No idea how high voltage could have been applied. Wires look good, nothing seems to grounding or backdooring, every wire where it is supposed to go, so how did high voltage get applied? It wasn't a mechanic. I'm tired of used 40 year old equipment. I want something new that is easier to work on and with, and doesnt have 40 years worth of wear and tear.
            My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

If you are getting high voltage to the O-T boards, there is a wiring problem for sure! How do the C1 &amp; C2 blocks look on both ends? I've seen a lot of house where the C1 blocks are in really bad shape (cracked, burnt, etc) - this is a really bad thing just inviting HV to get where it should not. These old chassis aren't really that bad, they just need maintained. Burnt pins, loose pins, loose blocks, etc. is one of the biggest problems other than being mis-wired. I would not recommend the after market replacement contacts for the old style Allen Bradleys - I have had nothing but problems with them (the contacts tend to "float" and don't seat correctly and they springs fall out thus dropping the contact into the assy &amp; [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] ) . I use the newer style Allen Bradleys from Stahls. I have only had one bad one &amp; it was bad from the get go. VERY few problems with those at all!

I never liked the CTI chassis for a couple of reasons. One is that they are a b!tch to get apart (other than removing the cover), 2. they aren't as reliable as the old chassis (over engineered IMHO).

Good luck!
              Jon
              I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Jon,

The High votalge that was 'supplosedly' applied was to various boards, and various lanes over many years(like 10 boards) These would work fine for years, then just 'go bad'. Replacing the board resolves the problem, and we never have another problem on that lane. The board gets sent back, and comes back with a note saying "high voltage applied to low voltage application, non waranty, non repaiable"

the problem manifests its self, and repairs its self??

Its wierd, but not in the wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                  Jon,

The High votalge that was 'supplosedly' applied was to various boards, and various lanes over many years(like 10 boards) These would work fine for years, then just 'go bad'. Replacing the board resolves the problem, and we never have another problem on that lane. The board gets sent back, and comes back with a note saying "high voltage applied to low voltage application, non waranty, non repaiable"

the problem manifests its self, and repairs its self??

Its wierd, but not in the wiring.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So he sent your original board back repaired or sent you a replacement? I know Jim dosn't like to work on trully "zapped" boards.

Comment

Neither, we got the bad boards back still bad.

Comment

Ohhhhh....they can still be fixed ya know...just takes more time [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey:
                        Since Omega Tek quit building their super awesome black chassis, does anyone else make a chassis (SS) that is worth a damn? Preferably new.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I always liked the OT chassis however I have only ever purchased 2 over the years.
                        So far as 30's went I always liked the CTI replacement.

Comment

SS Chassis are not bad at all if you put a board in it that is built using the technology of the decade you live in. I prefer this board . It has APS input to interface with scoring and can do automatic sweep reverse on out of range pins. But best of all is that it tests the machine during every cycle and has an error display and a beeper to warn you in case of bad microswitches, timingproblems and many other causes why your machine can stop working. Ofcourse it still needs good C1 and C2a contacts to work properly, but it is a very good way to systematicly reduce hard to find electrical problems in your pinsetters.
                          If a machine doesn't want to be fixed, it will let you know. Over and over again!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X