Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West. backend stator ??

Got a rewound stator back from the shop...the jerk has 6 BLACK wires coming from the windings.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/burningmad.gif[/img] I can figure the 2 start winding wires,& the 2 run winding wires & the 2 to the Cap.

how can I test to figure which is which to be the red or black start wires...& which is supposed to be the yellow or blue run winding wires ???

I stopped back at the motor shop & asked which is which...he said "I dunno"..I said "THIS is what happens when a kid inherets Dad's business" & walked out [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Re: West. backend stator ??

The one with the highest resistance is normally the start winding.
    So it goes.

Comment

I would be taking that back to the shop that rewound it and asking why the hel they used the same color for all the wires... That is sort of stupid, in my opinion.

Hindsight being 20/20, next time I would supply the electrical shop a new switch. They will usualy connect it for you. Just make sure you request they use spaid terminals on the directional wired instead of ring terminals, makes for a quicker direction change.

Comment

Next time include the gearbox..

and then you'll have to mark each blk wire for the board
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

they had the gearbox. He said the motor ran on his bench.When I put it on #9,,it ran for about 20 seconds with an awful grinding noise,,then trips the breaker.Does the same on my bench.

If I guess wrong on the start winding wires-it'll just run backwards. I need to find which wire is blue or yellow on the run side.

Comment

I would have thought that if you delivered the motor to the shop with coloured wires indicating the various ends of the windings, then they have a responsibility to give it back to you with the same colour coding. I guess it's too bad (I assume) that you paid him already.

Ray
            Ray Jordan
            Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
            Australia

Comment

With hold payment from your company if you are not satisfied! It may be invoiced so you will have some time stop the money from being transferred!

Send it back to be re-worked and if it still isn't done properly, then put his company on here to name and shame!! Pay not a penny. You should have at least a year guarantee with a re-worked gearbox and motor.

(I hate it when a motor will work on the bench but not under load!)
              Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

I played around with it today for about an hour...finally got the wiring straightened out..runs fine now. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Some of these ol' time shops don't >want to< understand the SS start switches.

Yes,already paid. He was happy to do it over for free...in a couple weeks ,but,I need it tomorrow night.

Comment

It's dang near just as cheap to buy a new stator then getting them rewound.When the windings go just chuck it and buy a new one

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X