Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinwheel belt

Hi all,been experimenting with the 5" pulley to reduce the speed of the pinwheel.
    Got the pulley mounted to a Westinghouse 50hz.
    Now, I read somewhere that a 188" belt would be needed to fit this reduced sized pulley,so I duly ordered one but found it impossible to fit due to being too tight....so I ordered the next size bigger and this too was too tight!The next size up from this was the original belt I had fitted!
    The pinwheel would rotate but any resistance from there being to many pins in the pinwheel at once would cause the pinwheel to stall.
    I tried to add pressure to the belt tensioner but this just made it worse!
    I came to the conclusion that the belt was just that little to big and not having a belt to fit that exact dimension am back to square one!
    Anyone had this same problem?

Re: Pinwheel belt

The 188" belt is needed for 4" pulleys.

The 5" pulleys can utilize the original belt.

Comment

Have had wonderful success with BK50 pulleys combined with B-188 belts.Then I shimmed up my B.E.gearboxes with some 3/16" hard plastic between drip tray & gearbox.This "raising up" of the g.box has been paying dividends by:
      A)Dist. drive shaft is closer to level causing less continuing wear to u-joint.
      B)A-112 belt is now tighter, releiving the occasional wear on the small belts tentioner.One can even omit the A-112 tensioner if one wanted,as well.(I don't,however)
      C)The little gap that you now have between bottom of gearbox & drip tray will now neatly accept a minipad if you have a leaky g.box you're not quite ready to reseal/level out just yet.
      D)And as previously stated;gives you the good fit/tention on that pinwheel belt.

Where did Summer go?
      fatty

Comment

I like that shim idea. When I have 5" pulleys with original belt I use a heavier spring. works well. I think it is a kicker spring. Post if you need a part #
        Go Pirates

Comment

Another thought though. If you shim the motor up and have 5" pulleys on the ball lift the a112 belt may be too short
          Go Pirates

Comment

Use the adjustable green 82-30 belt!
            So it goes.

Comment

I'm with Lampie, make the belt whatever length you want!
              000 025 731 belt
              702 600 002 connector
              716 003 000 nail

Comment

Nice point 70.
                My appologies for forgetting to add that I have also changed out the original 3 1/4" carpet drive pulleys in favor of AK 28's (2.8" I'm gussin').This smaller pulley slows down carpets,lift belt,rudder etc.

Also,neglected to mention that to help in the leveling process of back end gearbox,we put one small washer in each of the bottom holes of the b.e. gearbox brackets.This brings the stator end "up".That translates to reduced leakage out of the notorious dist.seal and the shaft above it.

Good stuff!
                fatty

Comment

We have the "holey" belts on a bunch of machines. We buy them locally, but they're about the same as the 82/30 ones.

The biggest thing I like about them is that we can thread them around the wheel without having to move other parts (like the distributor post beam). Makes 'em a lot easier to put on.

We made a tool to tension them up pretty good. We took a pair of Vise-Grip C-Clamp pliers and welded a set of nails on to the jaws. Stick the nails thru the clamps, pinch the pliers a bit to pull tension on the belt, cut it as needed, and attach the metal splicer easily. Time, knuckle, and aggravation saver... and you don't need 4 hands to pull the belt together and attach the clamp.
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

When I shorten a belt on a 30, I take the belt off the pinwheel, unscrew the clamp bars, cut the belt, put back the bars, then roll it on the wheel. Simple, one man job.
                    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Gman. Where are you getiing them locally? And how much? My suppliers want big $ for the stock 30 belt
                      NOOLIO. What does slowing the carpet do? Changing the carpet pulley would affect the carpet only. (other than giving you room to shim the motor).
                      I'll look into the washer idea. D*mn 70 BE's all leak. I had 50 yr old 30 BE's that were dry (on the OUTSIDE)

Has anyone tried a smaller pulley on the motor? This would slow ALL of the ball return. Might be a problem if you have kickers?
                      I have PBL's. What would you kicker guys think?
                      Go Pirates

Comment

NOOLIO
                        oops I was thinking of the pulley on the rear roller. I kinda missed the 3 1/4 " thing. You answered one of my ?'s
                        Thanks
                        Go Pirates

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                          fatty

Comment

I've 5" pulleys on westy's &amp; Nationals and I'm just trying something at the moment &amp; seems to be working ok. I've replaced the belt tensioner pulley (070-002-094) with ratchet tensioner pulley (000-021-408). It looks a bit odd but fits ok and is a straight swap. With greater surface contact the tension is higher and you can use the original belts. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by 70/70:
                              Gman. Where are you getiing them locally? And how much? My suppliers want big $ for the stock 30 belt
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The price I can't recall, since we bought them a while back &amp; got enough for spares... they were cheaper than we could get them out of a "bowling equipment" supply.

The place we got them from was Holmes Metallic, now called Bearings &amp; Drives Unlimited in Wilkes-Barre. They have a couple locations:

Bearings &amp; Drives Unlimited, Inc.

Souderton, PA (215) 723-0938
                              Wilkes Barre, PA (570) 822-7196
                              Wysox, PA (570) 265-3903
                              Hazleton, PA (570) 384-7333
                              Williamsport, PA (570) 322-4000
                              Philadelphia, PA (Pruyn Bearing) (215) 426-7200

If I remember right, they sell it off a bulk roll, and you just buy the clip (2 screws &amp; 2 plates) to put it together. I seem to remember the clips being around $5-8, but can't place what the cost of the belt was. The belt has to be pretty well tensioned, because to use it you have to remove the belt tensioner... the clip can't be bent backwards (hence the reason we came up with the "tensioner" tool.
                              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X