Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XOP Boards.

Hi Everyone,

Am new around here so hello to you all. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

We have just installed the XOP Scoring kits in our 82-70 SS chassis and every now and then when a lane is turned on to practice through computer score, the sweep runs continuously. (the same also happens if it's turned onto instructomat via the managers controls also). This is becoming quite a regular thing and I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and managed to get a work around for it. It has happened on quite a few different lanes now, so we need to try and fix it. Also has anyone got any diagrams etc for the XOP Boards also, as we can't get hold of anything about the boards.

Re: XOP Boards.

The instructomat requires that the ground be intact between the managers control box and the frame of one of the 8 controlled by that box.
    Make sure there is a ground wire from the managers control distribution box on the curtain wall to the frame of a machine near it.
    If it is ok, check the ground wire in the box up front.
    I've not heard of a continuous sweep in instructomat though, that is precisely what instructomat is supposed to prevent.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

HAD A 50 LANE CENTER WITH XOP BOARDS, SS CHASSIS, & ACCUSCORE +. RAN INTO SAME PROBLEM WITH CONTINUOUS SWEEPS. HOLD DOWN 1ST BALL STEPPER BUTTON UNTIL SWEEP STOPS, ACTS AS A PROGRAM ZERO. TRY CALLING ZOT WHO BOUGHT CREATIVE TECH AND RUN IT BY THEM. TRY MOVING BOARDS TO DIFFERENT LANES, SEE IF SAME BOARDS OR CERTAIN LANES ARE THE CULPRET. THINK IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BOARD GETTING OFF TO A BAD START, ELECTRONIC GREMLINS

REGARDS, GARO
      AMF TECH

Comment

Thanks Garo,

It doesn't make any difference where the boards go, still happens. Will try and get in contact with Zot and see where this will lead us. Seems strange that not everyone that has had XOP boards has had this problem. We are thinking that one of the little jumpers on the xop board may be in the wrong position, that's why we are trying to track down any info about the board itself. Another one of our centres is having the same problem, but not as frequently as we are.

Comment

Hello lane boy, suggest you get it to Andrew @ Northcote he is pretty good with em!
          PS, cant guess who u r yet...maybe From a beachy area, with a split center hint hint!

Comment

Laneboy, you can also try KCR or Graeme. They should be able to help.

Hey Darren [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            Ray Jordan
            Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
            Australia

Comment

Thanks Ray,

KCR is too busy with other projects at the moment, Graeme frequents here quite often and he isn't sure about the problem either. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

And we're right at the bottom of some hills Darren.

Cheers,
              Martin. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Time to change back to omega tek's hey marty

Greg

Comment

Yeah, thanks Greg. Might have to change something else......... You know what I mean being green!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Just about every place I have seen XOP's installed, they run into these freaky lil problems. Cont. sweep, cont. cycle, etc. out of the blue. As Garo mentioned, holding the PBZ button in whilke it happens seems to clear it up alot of times, sometimes killing the power (when the sweep is at 0) will do it. Omega teks don not have these problems.

Jon
                    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

Omega-Teks rule, wouldn't trade them for the world. I've heard about these odd intermittent problems with other boards and the OT's are rock solid. In a 64 lane house there's enough to do without little freaky problems, if we send 2 boards back a year, it's a bad year. They're just rock solid [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
                        Omega-Teks rule, wouldn't trade them for the world. I've heard about these odd intermittent problems with other boards and the OT's are rock solid. In a 64 lane house there's enough to do without little freaky problems, if we send 2 boards back a year, it's a bad year. They're just rock solid [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wise words indeed! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Rep:
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wise words indeed! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/143.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Can't help it, just love the boards. One of our pinchasers worked in a house with 5 boards back in the 80's, he was telling me about the chassis swaps, putting spares on etc due to problems. I told him with these boards about the only time a chassis is off is when the contacts need to be changed for the sweep and table and for me 95% of the time thats the case. Best investment our center ever made, MK-70's and expanders rock! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I have 32 lanes xop, half with convision. no problem for 7 years. We don't use instrucmate. So I cut R18. on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Keep them running:
                              I have 32 lanes xop, half with convision. no problem for 7 years. We don't use instrucmate. So I cut R18. on the board.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Maybe thats the key - eliminate the front desk switches?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X