Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb question

Was bowling league tonight and caused an OOR, no deadwood. I'm a former Brunswick guy and know next to nothing about 82-70's. The place had a "green/new" backend guy. I know on A/A-2's you just clear deadwood pull the OOR hook. On the 82-70's don't you just "hit a sweep reverse" button or switch? It took them 10 minutes to clear an OOR.
    Please excuse the lame question and my igorance. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    * this space left blank intentionally *

Re: Dumb question

Sounds Correct....unless they had to wait on a motor to cool and reset [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

if he was a new guy it may have took him a few minutes to figure out it was an OOR since on a 70 the table comes back up and switches to second ball...it looks like a sweep down.
      Peanut

Comment

Especially confusing for a newbie if there is no deadwood.
        Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

When I come across a sweep down, the first check is easy if it wasn't already noticed from far away by the clanging. After that is a quick glance at the 9 slot, check to see if there is a pin offspot as I lean in and snap the fingers fully open. I'm sure there are at least a couple other things I do without thinking about them, but those are the main ones.
          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

An OOR was called back so it shouldnt have been a mystery on what the stop was. But they were using a new walkie talkie type communication system so there may have been communication problems too, I dont know. Thanks guys for the replys!

Comment

sweep down, 2nd ball, cells closed tells you right away what it is.
              Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

10 minutes to clear an OOR.?

Well there is a huge problem there!! Did the tech pass out momentarily, or was there something on TV he was really riveted by?

I was bowling in my countries world cup qualifier last weak and my god! They had the "NEW" health and safety pish which they had to follow. You know turning off the machines either side to fix a fault!
                Well...I have never seen such nonsense. At one point my good friend James and colleague, shouted over to me 8 lanes down, "Look at this Al". I looked over in his direction and couldn't believe that the lower 8 lanes in the centre were all off!! Sweeps down! Utterly crazy! All for the sake of a pile up and perhaps a ball jam? It was ludicrous!
                I mean it was crazy. Tournament bowlers were hitting the sweeps! Due to the fact the machines either side of the faulty machine were getting the sweeps put down and the poor bowlers weren't noticing. (The sweeps were being put down during there shots, so they weren't to blame)
                A total pile of pants if you ask me!!
                Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Actually I believ you have to hold the Sweep Run and Sweep Reverse switches at the same time to get the sweep to move in the correct direction. Just simply pushing the sweep reverse button will not move the sweep.

Just my 2 cents worth

Bozo
                  Don't mess with the steering wheel or face the wrath of Chuck Norris!

Comment

Originally posted by bozotonian:
                    Actually I believ you have to hold the Sweep Run and Sweep Reverse switches at the same time to get the sweep to move in the correct direction. Just simply pushing the sweep reverse button will not move the sweep.

Just my 2 cents worth

Bozo
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">True!
                    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

BTW, there is no such thing as a "dumb question" if you don't know the answer - you'll never know unless you ask!
                      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I miss the sweep reverse and 2nd cycle switches off the 70s.

Jon, what say you rig us up a chassis that could do that? Would take you about 10 minutes, right? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bozotonian:

Just my 2 cents worth

Bozo
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Beau! I'm on vacation next week I'm might be road tripping it somewhere. Are you going to be at Triangle and what times. I may stop in if I choose to head that direction. What time would be a non busy time for you.

Comment

Originally posted by wb8yjf:
                            BTW, there is no such thing as a "dumb question" if you don't know the answer - you'll never know unless you ask!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] I've never gotten a great shot to watch AMF machinery run, just real quick peeks at em. The 82-70 fasinates the heck out of me as does Brunswicks GSX.

Comment

Anybody know of a link on here to watch a Brunswick GSX go round??
                              Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X