Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is an old post. But I thought this might apply to this situation. I made a harness where you can put a tester in line with the pin holder and the machine harness and you can run the pinsetter and see exactly when and if your switches make contact and are open or closed with the pinsetter on diag. Its helped me out a lot these past few months since we got all new GSXs. And you can also check and test the voltages coming into the solenoid when it's open, or supposed to be. And also check the continuity of the switch. It's pretty cool. You just have to watch the wire coming out of the pinsetter so it doesnt get caught on the pinsetter as the table is raising or lowering. So you may want to try that next time. If you got this problem fixed already. Because these machines I've noticed are temperamental as hell. One day they're working fine. And the next you have nothing but problems with them. Then the next they're going good again. I dont get it. And maybe it's just my machines that act like that. I dunno. Well hopefully this helps a little.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewR1104 View Post
      I know this is an old post. But I thought this might apply to this situation. I made a harness where you can put a tester in line with the pin holder and the machine harness and you can run the pinsetter and see exactly when and if your switches make contact and are open or closed with the pinsetter on diag. Its helped me out a lot these past few months since we got all new GSXs. And you can also check and test the voltages coming into the solenoid when it's open, or supposed to be. And also check the continuity of the switch. It's pretty cool. You just have to watch the wire coming out of the pinsetter so it doesnt get caught on the pinsetter as the table is raising or lowering. So you may want to try that next time. If you got this problem fixed already. Because these machines I've noticed are temperamental as hell. One day they're working fine. And the next you have nothing but problems with them. Then the next they're going good again. I dont get it. And maybe it's just my machines that act like that. I dunno. Well hopefully this helps a little.
      What kind of tester do you put in that harness? Is that homemade too?

Comment

A multi meter. I test the continuity of the switch and that tells you when its activated or not depending on the cycle and position. And I use the VDC to check the voltages coming to the solenoid. Which also checks when the solenoid is activated. Yeah its homemade. I couldnt find anything like it. Lol. It just plugs in line with the machine and pinholder and I have 4 test leads coming out of it for the switch and solenoid. So you can tell if the pinsetter isnt sending the signal or the pinholder isnt responding to it. Great for wiring diagnostics. I also made a solenoid activator which you can test the pinholder off the machine. Or while it's still on the machine with an extension cord. You just have to find a 24VDC power supply. Which is harder than it sounds. And dont get a battery charger. They dont work. If you want I can send pics as soon as I get to work.

Comment

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse