Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold soak startup

As we are getting ready to start back up after a couple days shy of 2 months since the shutdown. I am left wondering.... what will mess up the first time these machines will run after 2 months. I'm going to go through each one, hopefully I have time since in still finishing up the new bathrooms, and make sure every bearing is lubricated and the chains and guide poles are greased up. Nut I was also wondering about the electrical. These GSXs havent been shut down in the past 2 months. As far as the electronics so the CPUs and the HV boards have remained hot. Is there anything I need to pay closer attention to than the rest? Or just fire em up and let em rip? I've never been in this situation where theyve been sitting for so long. I'm running GSXs with the Nexgen controller.

The electronics should be fine. I'd be more concerned about 'flat spots' in the belts and such. If the machines have not been exercised and at least cycled, all the static tension has been applied to certain spots on the belts and tband. I would expect the distributor system to be a bit balky for an initial period of running - which would kick some J1s and or ELs as the system has a hard time getting rolling. Other than that, dry table tubes and chains will be an issue - but you noted you are taking care of them, so they should be fine.

A thorough dusting is probably a really good thing as well.

Comment

Ok thanks. Yeah I was wondering g if it would have an effect on the belts or not. I guess I should have cycled them for at least 5 minutes every couple days or so. But the boss has me putting in 2 new bathrooms in the bar that's been keeping my brain focused on one thing I just lost track. Lol. Thanks again.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse