Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX setting table lever

Hey, i am having some issues with my setting table lever. It has broken off a few times and i cant see what exactly is happening. Is there a certain adjustment i need to do or could this be a result of some other parts out of adjustment on the table?

Not sure what you mean by setting table lever. Could you provide a picture or location on the table description, please?

Comment

Comment

This part has broken several times over the past few month's.

Comment

Ahh, okay. There are several places that I'd look at.

Is the J1/EJ switch plate set right -- is the metal foot lever and assembly set wrong or is it binding when it is supposed to move ...
          Do the swing arms on the table pivot freely .... both when ran by machine and rotated manually by hand ....
          Are the swing arm connecting links aligned so there isn't lateral stress ....
          Is the aft swing arm sitting properly in it's mounts ....
          Is (was) the wedge installed on the end of the swing arm where this mounts ...

Pretty sure there is something binding in one or more of these locations that is causing your problem.

Comment

We had the same issue and we think it was due to the end of a spotting tong tip broke . It would catch the table and bind, then it snaps free and slammed the table closed. We broke 2 in a week until we found the issue with the tong. It was cracked but had not come apart, and it respotted fine no issues there. We also broke a couple of detector plates. But like I said once we repaired the tong have not had any issues. Later Chief

Comment

Originally posted by 8230chief View Post
              We had the same issue and we think it was due to the end of a spotting tong tip broke . It would catch the table and bind, then it snaps free and slammed the table closed. We broke 2 in a week until we found the issue with the tong. It was cracked but had not come apart, and it respotted fine no issues there. We also broke a couple of detector plates. But like I said once we repaired the tong have not had any issues. Later Chief
              So the swing arms were catching on tongs not open? Hadn't thought of that - whenever my tongs were stopping the swing arms, it'd stop it completely and blackout...hadn't had any snap loose.

Good one to add to the list to be checked.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I am going to check all the parts and issues you guys mentioned and hopefully i can get it sorted. I will keep you updated. Thanks again

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse