Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX Sweep Issues during SYNC League Warm Up

Hey Everyone,

My issue relates to the Sweep on the GSX Pinsetter. When we issue League Play on our lanes, we give the bowlers 10 minutes of warm-up through the SYNC scoring system. Last week, when we started their warm up, Pinsetters 1 through 4 of the 16 issued lanes would not drop the sweep during warm-up or "practice." Lanes 5-16 worked just fine. I resorted in putting the NexGens in Tenpin mode until warm ups were over.

When their league play started, the sweeps worked completely normal when passing ball detection. They also work just fine during open play.

I've power-cycled the NexGens, and I've confirmed NexGen settings are all consistent with the rest of the lanes. I also checked the ball-detect sensors and they are working just fine (especially since everything is normal in all other play modes).

The only thing I haven't tried are rebooting the distribution boards. I've reached out to Brunswick and just waiting on a call back.

Has anyone experienced this and have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with Sync. Is there a setting somewhere that allows "Shadow balls" for practice?
    let me be myself

Comment

Originally posted by billman View Post
      I'm not familiar with Sync. Is there a setting somewhere that allows "Shadow balls" for practice?
      I will second this question. In Vector, you can select different options on the main screen up front desk computer and have them apply to only certain lanes - perhaps this happened.
      You said you checked the NexGen settings which would've been the next area to look.

Comment

We are having a similar problem with the sweep not dropping, but on only one lane. We get the G switch not found message, but the switch checked out fine. We suspected a timing issue, but the cluster also checked out ok. We replaced the i/o pcb in the NexGen, same results We then replaced the mother board in the NexGen, same results. We then swapped the P5 and P15 cables to the NexGen (power to sweep solenoids) and the sweep dropped properly - diagnostics mode - switched to FrameWorX regular bowling, and it failed. We're lost at this monent.

Comment

Just a wild shot... Try moving the ball detect and see if the problem moves.
          let me be myself

Comment

Thanks - we did try that earlier ..

Comment

I know you said you swapped the power cable going to the solenoid, was that with a brand new one? The wires frequently break right where they turn at the sweep release pivot and go back to the release solenoid.

Comment

We swapped the P5 and P15 cables on the NexGen of the problem machine .. thanks for the info on the break point ..

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Preventative Maintenance - Vector HD Problem

Tried to help a friend out at my old center with an electrical problem. 24 Brunswick Jetbacks, Serial 3000, no TDM with Vector HD Scoring which I know nothing about other than...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...
                Working...
                X