Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Another Lane !!!

Okay, hopefully this one is short and simple. Its been bugging us for the last few days, and we are trying to do what we can. Here goes. 4 Pin isnt loading. Thought it might be a bad pin station, it isnt. Thought it might be a bad table cable, it isnt, thought from the pin station to where the table connects to the external table cable could be bad, it isnt. So, we started diving deeper. I ohmed out the bottom plug out of the silver box that wires into the table. Pin 1 is common for the other plugs, and on pin #8 (which is for pin station 4) I get open. All the others check out with continuity. The question is how. If pin#1 on the cable is common to all pin stations, and only the 4 pin is not loading, why arent a few of the other pins not loading... I mean, common that isnt ohming out should mean a break in the line causing other if not all pins from loading.

Re: On Another Lane !!!

there has to be a break between pin #8 and pin #1 on the electrical box, somewhere in the cable...if u changed the cable then it has to be in the in holder...

have you checked the cable between the main connection on the back of the table and the pin station? trace each of the wires from the #4 pin station back around the table to the main connection plug at the back...

what I have found a few times before now is that in the wires that run around on the table itself, particularly just before they all go into the main connection to the external cable, one of the wires has been "pinched" between something and broken. You wont notice it at first because most of the time these wires are wrapped in a mesh cable cover of some sort, but if you pull that back you may find you have a broken wire there.

i got GS-10's and i assume that the newer models use the same hard wiring principles.

check it out...

Rob
    Everyone makes mistakes, thats why God gave us the 'DELETE' key!

Comment

scott,is the pin loading into the pin staion then not releasing into the pinholder? or not releasing from the pin holder??If it is not falling from pin station to pin holder,push your pin release lever up and see if it drops...if it drops, adjust your bell on the pin release lever..

Comment

I would second 'hood's approach on this. If the pin isn't going into the holder, then the release lever needs to be popped down a notch or two.

Comment

scott when it won't load are the grippers wide open and touching the release lever button?If so then you might want to look at the table hieght or adjusting the release lever.

Comment

The grippers are never opening to allow a pin to fall into the holder. Traced from the pin holder back to the connection on the table and that is fine. Ohmed out the actual connection cable that connects TO the cable, and all those are fine. But on the front of the silverbox using pin #1 as a common pin for all pin holders, pin #8 which traces back to pin holder #4, is opened. All the others are fine. Will check the actual silverbox tonight, but from what I can tell all the wiring on the table itself is fine. Unless there is something between pin holders 1 and 4 via a red common wire.

Comment

When you say traced back from the pin holder, did you check the switch in the holder itself? Might it be sticking or intermittent and causing the failure?

Comment

check pin holder, does the gs-x have one switch in the holder or two?

Comment

One switch. The pin detector plate on the bottom pushes up and the hump piece on the top of the holder pushes down when a pin drops in it.

Comment

same as gs-10 then....i only asked coz the gs-96 had two switches...

well, it has to be summit simple...here is what i would do...

check for loose cables or broken switch on pin holder...then check ALL connections and wiring between electrical box and pin holder....if that dont solve the prob then change electrical box...if still no luck, shut centre down....then detonate large explosive inside...then rebuild and start again with A2's or 90XLi's...

Rob

Comment

I had a similar problem but it was the cam for the ABCD switch was loose because the plastic cracked. This allowed it to move and put the timing out. But if it is only on one holder, I don't know if this is the prob.
                      John

Comment

Likes monkeys solution, but unfortunatly I dont think the owner would. Well, the silverbox states GS-10, but from what you all are stating, then I have GS96 pin holders since we have two switches per. We have replaced out the pin holder with about 3 different pin holders. I dont see that as being the problem loadtoad. Still down and still not cool. Just wait til this one gets fixed so I can start another thread with another lane that STILL has us stumped. Stay tuned!!!! Spotting Tongs next issue... but first this one [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

right...set machine up, 10 pins first ball....sit in front of it...trigger machine....when the deck is on the way up after re-spotting, all the flippers should open to collect new pins...keep you eye fixed on the #4 pin HOLDED, do its flippers open then quickly close OR do they just stay closed?

if they open then close, you could have a problem in the electrical box with the power supply to just that solenoid...i dont know what the circuit boards are like in the silverbox, but you may be able to trace the #4 pin solenoid wire back to a transistor in the electrical box..prehaps this has got heatsink problems or something.

if they stay closed, there may be dirt in the screws at the top of the pin holder that create the ground conenction between the holder and table...or you could have a dodgy power transistor in the electrical box for that solenoid...trace the solenoid wire back into the electrical box...you may find a burnt out transistor or resistor or something...

Rob

Comment

Dear Scott31,
                            In my oppinion,you should swap the HV BOX to the other lane.If the problem move,transistor Q5 in the HV board(TIP 120) spoiled.If the problem don't move,check the continuity of the wires from the pin holder to the table connector in both position of the pin holder(horizontal and vertical).We got alot of broken wires at the point where the wires tightenned to the holder's shaft after 10 years.
                            Hope this helps

Comment

Will swap the boards, just wont look forward to it. Pin Monkey - The solenoid never actually opens up. It stays closed. When I manually load the entire table up, the "DECK FULL" light on the board is also not lit. I know this will only light when all ten pins are sitting in pin holders. Wires have been traced back to the table connection and seem fine. Also, shared wires have been traced back to pin holder 10 and pin holder 5 with fine readings as well.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse