Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not setting full rack

Help. I have a machine that does not set the 2 pin. I changed Pin Holder.. no effect. switched 2 and 4 pin holders.. no effect problem still at 2 pin. when in diagonistic get code 52-- not detecting 2 pin.. even though pin is there on lane. wiring seems fine.. any suggestions.. Thank you for any help.. ..... ABCwestmech Keller.
    Thank You. Mike from ABC West Lanes Mechanicsburg PA.

Re: Not setting full rack

Keller, does a pin drop into the pin holder? or does it not detect the standing pin?
    Check for continuity across the pin holder plug..If good switch i/o board to other lane..
    check all fuses..

Comment

Ive had several issues with the Female Pins in the plugs of the pin holders, its like they dont make a proper connection.
      Try changing them.

What model machines do you have? GS 96 or?

I read into your post, that the machine is actually going to the pin deck to set pins, and the problem is that the Pin Holder Solinoid is not energizing to release the pin, hence coming back up with a pin in the holder still. If this is correct we can think that the soliniod is working to open the swing arms to trip the Release lever to load the pin. Also the Pin Sensing Lever and Micro Switch and wiring is fine. However when the table spots, the holders swing forward, and any issues with loose conections will arise.
      I would first meter, back to the main table plug from the pin holder plug, and give them a bit of a wriggle whilst you have the meter conected, to confirm your wires are good.
      Second as Robinhood suggested try changing your IO board.
      If you don't know and you don't ask, you still don't know

Comment

I have had a problem somtimes with a pin holder not releasing a pin due to the spring on the back of the pin holder being broken, so you may want to check your spring that is located on the back just below the solenoid or the one on the front that is near the are where the head of the pin goes.
        Steve Heitman

Comment

Try checking the female pins on the plug of that pin holder .... What I do is I'll take a very small nail stick it in the side of the pin of the female plug and gently bent them a little so they will make better contact ...works great.

Comment

sound loke the molex conetor on the tsble wire harness is bad or a bad pin in it. Also ma,ke sure they are pushed all the way in from the back side also check for a broken wire in the mass of table cable wires i the ten pin corner of the table have had one pinched off there before

Comment

I'll have to say that I have had to repair the table to control box cable 4 times due to broken a wire(s) within the cable. I now keep a spare cable on the shelf. Take a known good cable from a working machine and replace it if there is no spare available. I have found that all of the breaks were within 6 feet of the table end.
              Andy

Comment

AS far as the molex plugs, you can squeeze the female sockets with pliers. Rotate the pin so the slot is on the side of the hole and squeeze. It'll make a better connection than when new (unless there is crud in the socket).
                The pin can drop into the pinholder without opening if the release lever is hitting as it reaches the top. And, the pin can actually find it's way to get between the grippers as the table moves. Something you have to watch from in front as the machine cycles.
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Thanks for all the Help everyone. Just to let everyone know, it turned out to be a bad I/O board. I'm just glad i didnt have to try to find a break in any of the cables. guess i got lucky this time.
                  On a seprate topic, has anyone heard about any bad shocks in any of the GSX series? I have had to change several stroke limiter(12) and sweep shocks(4). And They keep sending me springs to rebuild them. we were just installed last year. Shouldn't the assemblys be under warranty? I cannot find any part numbers for these springs. Also need the seals and O-rings.
                  Thank You. Mike from ABC West Lanes Mechanicsburg PA.

Comment

Hey Keller,

Always do a switch diagnostic on your machines once a week. This tells you just about whats going on with the machine. Check your plug from the i/o board to the table.
                    IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

There is a good thread for Shocks in the forums.
                      Im hearing several centers are having issues with the new style GS-X Shocks.
                      Maybe it is better to go back to the older style shocks?
                      Mine are 10 years old, and no breakages of springs.
                      Seems to me, the GS-x shocks have too much travel in them, hence compressing the springs too far.

Ive only recently changed the Oil and Seals and O rings.
                      Seals and O rings are about 70 cents AUD.
                      If you don't know and you don't ask, you still don't know

Comment

We have 60 lanes of GSX and whenever we have a machine that is not setting a pin such as the 2 pin,it is almost always either the pinholder, cable that goes from the table to the consolidated or the i/o.We keep a spare table cable handy in the shop and drape it across the machine to eliminate the cable first before we do anything else since that is the quickest and easiest check.Then we go to the pinholder, the i/o is usually the least likely to cause the problem so we save it for last.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse