Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 pin

I am having an intermittant problem with the 10 pin not spotting when the table comes down with my GS-X pinsetters. I have changed out the pin holder twice. I have checked continuity in the cable, and it is fine. Does any body have any other suggestions on how to fix this problem?
    Steve Heitman

Re: 10 pin

I only know GS-96, the ten pin circuit is a separate circuit on that machine, a fault transistor in the HV box is optional then, maybe there is a similar circuit in the nex-gen box...
    So it goes.

Comment

Also had a simular issue. Checked cable from Nexgen and table tested ok. When I swap the cable with another machine it worked just fine in both machines. I beleive that the calbe is starting to have fraid wires and now have a spare when it starts acting up again.

Comment

2423 is right. If it is intermittent, bad cables/wires or contacts are most likely the reason.

A little help with finding 25 & 31 (#10 solenoid) while measuring:

I always take the wrong pins somehow this made it easier... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]
        So it goes.

Comment

Lampie is correct. The most likely cause of your issue would be a lose connection. The first thing I would do is to change the Female terminals on the plug at the pin holder.
          That is the socket pins, on the machine side of the pin holder plug.

I suggest you try that first before moving onto less likely areas.
          Also make sure that when you connect the plugs, you are not partially pushing the pins back out of the plug. Ive seen that happen, and the 10 pin is harder to reach than the others, so you maybe doing that without realizing it.

Good luck.
          If you don't know and you don't ask, you still don't know

Comment

I have had several of the cables that run from the consolidated box to the table go bad. Usually in the area covered by the flexable cable protection. Sometimes I would find it and sometimes not. I put a new cable on and it worked great. I ran a new wire the total length of this wire and bypassed the wire to each plug. Still works 5 years later.
            John

Comment

Table a little bit to high at the 10 pin side.....sorry for the late reply.
              So it goes.

Comment

Continuity may be fine when checking the cable whilst at rest, but could be breaking connection in the harness as the pin holders swing. RUn it down half way, connect the meter to both ends for that solenoid then watch the meter as you manually swing the cups from horizontal to vertical. That's precisely why I built that table cable tester with LEDs showing continuity for the switches as you rotate the pin holders, as well as being able to manually actuate each pin older solenoid to test at different positions.
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                  Continuity may be fine when checking the cable whilst at rest, but could be breaking connection in the harness as the pin holders swing. RUn it down half way, connect the meter to both ends for that solenoid then watch the meter as you manually swing the cups from horizontal to vertical. That's precisely why I built that table cable tester with LEDs showing continuity for the switches as you rotate the pin holders, as well as being able to manually actuate each pin older solenoid to test at different positions.
                  im interested in that cable tester do you have a link to that build or did you make it yourself
                  seems like it would come in real handy

Comment

Originally posted by PharrMetechs View Post

im interested in that cable tester do you have a link to that build or did you make it yourself
                    seems like it would come in real handy
                    Here is the one I build. Brunswick's version is uploaded as well. They haven't made there's in years. Demand, they tell me, determined they abandon it. On mine, the black AMP connector is for testing the just cable from electronic box to end of long cable - all LEDs will light. Take it off and plug it into the table and you can test individual switches and observe the LED as you manually rotate the table to vertical to see if the circuit breaks with movement.
                    You can then plug in the unit and with the red/black probes, test each solenoid individually. And likewise, test those circuits with the table while you manually swing it.

Attached Files
                    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse