Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange pin spotting problem gsx

hi guys i have a very odd problem maybe someone here has run across before, have gsx's 4years old generally run fine but had this problem with lane 5 start up friday night, lane eroored out with 7pin not found, hmm started up in diagnostics and sure enough will not set the seven pin it's there but no release from pin holder, okay looked like i had lost a solenoid no prob through a new one in and started it up again in diagnostic to see if the problem fixed, well after 15mins of cycling it started to not set the seven pin again, it seems after you run it for about ten to fifteen minutes it will start not to set the seven pin.this is what i have done so far
    changed solenoid once more and checked wiring,no good, changed complete pin holder no fix still after 15 minutes starts again not to set seven pin,checked wiring to pinholders and removed entire pin wiring from machine to check for broken connections,still after fifteen minutes starts again to not set seven pin, have changed i/o board and cpu ,still can not get it to set the seven pin after it has run for about ten to fifteen minutes. okay i have tried all i can think of and somethings twice so any help guys????

Re: strange pin spotting problem gsx

I would completly swap out the pin holder. You may have an issue with the micro switch.
    Other things to try are.

Give the wiring to the pin holder a firm tug. I have seen the wires break inside the insulation.

Change the female pins at the pin holder connector.

Undo your main table plug, at the 8 & 9 pin positions, and give it a good spray with some contactor cleaner, and re connect and seperate the plug two or three times.

I would also carefuly check the the plug at the side of the machine control box, and also treat with contact spray.
    If you don't know and you don't ask, you still don't know

Comment

Change out entire pinholder assy.

Comment

I had a few 47-245420-004 setting table cables where there was not enough slack in the plastic flex tube housing the cables, and one of the 26 conductors inside would break or be holding on by a strand or 2. If it was a holder switch wire, that pin would not score. If it was a solenoid wire, that pin would not release as the flex of the wire was greatest when table goes down to set - losing conductivity - then regaining when the table returned to home. So in your case, might be the gray/brown conductor inside 47-245420-004 (7 pin solenoid wire).
        Lou T.
        Stand-By Serv. Mgr, USBC Open
        QAMF Installer #777698
        bowlinginstallations.com

Comment

Make sure you check thoes female pins, if one gets spread open a little it will cause intermitten problems.
          For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

okay guys quick update, have done all of your recommendations and got so fed up with problem i took the lower table wiring out and the replaced it from working pinsetter still have problem.then i removed upper wiring from working pinsetter and replaced it guess what stil have problem , so i am wondering if i might have had a short that damaged the solenoid and holder i put in and i have fixed problem but still have a damaged solenoid, so i am pulling holder from diffrent position ie: pin position 1 and switching it with the problem holder 7pin holder to see if this helps, if not i give up i have replaced all the wiring with a completely working set from the lane next to it.

Comment

Yes, swap with good pin holder first and eliminate the pin holder as problem. You should have the Nex-Gen box if your machines are 4 yrs. old, the CPU PCB (nex gen controller) has fuse F3 for right hand machine and F7 for left hand machine that controlls the 7-8-9 pinholder and the stroke limiter solenoid. There could be a problem with this board. When you say lower table wiring do you mean the table wiring harness? And by upper wiring do you mean the cable that runs from the 10 side of the table up to the nex gen box. I've seen the pins push back were this cable connects to the table harness. Try swaping the complete nex gen box with a known working lane and see if problem moves. Also check your connertor for solenoids, have seen the pins get loose and slide back when you plug cable into the side of the nex gen box.

If this dosent help post back and

Comment

If I am reading this correctly the pin holder will load a pin but will not set the pin on the deck and is still looking for a pin when it comes back up to the distibutor.

You had checked all wiring and from the Nexgen to the pin holder.

You removed the solidoid and replaced it. But you did not replace the pin holder itself.

Have had a micor switch act up and cause the same type of issues where when the pin holder is horizontal it works but vertical it will not.

Have had a bad switch finger also cause the same type of issues. pulled switch finger and swaped it with another on the same table and everything worked fine after that.

Also have had it where just by removing the pin that was not seated right on the pin holder itself cause an issue.

I would swap the pin holder with another one and see if the problem moves. If it does then you know the issue is in the pin holder and not the wireing.

Since it is in the 7 pin it is possible it could be in one of the boards in the nexgen if the problem does not move when you swap out a pinholder.

Before you swap out boards make sure that the gound bolt did not come loose inside the wire connection for the table on the 10 pin side. Someone posted on here in the past that it can cause some strange issues

Hope this helps

Comment

If you have changed EVERYTHING electrical, with known good parts, you might have a pin station problem. Maybe it's not setting the pin square in the holder, not pushing the arm down enough to close the switch. Maybe the station is too far front or back, just a hair, or maybe it has loose bolts and and its allowed to float back and forth from the vibration of the machine?
                  "I like you. You shall die a painless death when I take over the world." Stewie Griffin

Comment

Did you find out what the problem was?

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                      You should have the Nex-Gen box if your machines are 4 yrs. old, the CPU PCB (nex gen controller) has fuse F3 for right hand machine and F7 for left hand machine that controlls the 7-8-9 pinholder and the stroke limiter solenoid. There could be a problem with this board.
                      I have worked in our bowling centre for about two years and have attended to trouble calls (we didnt always have a mechanic/technician on) but only recently started working on our Brunswick GS X-Series pnisetters as a technician so my knowledge is very limited. My first repair was to change the sprocket (47-011053-004). After changing this part i turned the machine back on but the solenoids on the 7pin, 8pin, 9pin and stroke limiter wont activate. After reading the above post i changed the fuse but the indicator light next to the fuse was still out. so i swapped the fuse with the one next to it to see if i had put in a dud but it wasnt the fuse. Can anyone advise what to look for next?
                      Thanks
                      - Josh

Comment

Bad wire, or pin out on connector on side of nexgen

Comment

The problem ended up being the setting table height was not correct when the table was setting on the stroke limiter plate. I sent him the factory measurement for the mounting nut positions on the table tubes of 42MMs and after that the machine started detecting the 7 correctly.

Setting Table Mounting Nut Heights From Factory.png

Comment

Originally posted by CTUNA View Post
                            The problem ended up being the setting table height was not correct when the table was setting on the stroke limiter plate. I sent him the factory measurement for the mounting nut positions on the table tubes of 42MMs and after that the machine started detecting the 7 correctly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7635[/ATTACH]
                            Wish I would of known this measurement when I first set my tables starting here. I had to fix all the problems from the previous mechanics adjustments... All adjustments are perfect now but some of the pivot bearings the chain is in the 1 slot so no room to adjust further I would like all of them to be in the #3 slot. Would also give the stroke adjustment some more room
                            U posted this before and I was planing on going back and readjusting
                            Keep an eye on it see if it does it again

Comment

Originally posted by CTUNA View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7635[/ATTACH]

Thanks Charlie

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse