Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerless Pinswitch.

I seem to have no power going to one of the pin switches on a GS10, so its not recognising, and solenoid grippers are remaining open waiting for a drop.Ive tested the output at the HV box and nothing on the one pin setter. Ive changed the board, the box the ribbons and the Game setter Box but still nothing. All help appreciated. Phil U.K.

Re: Powerless Pinswitch.

Carefully check the wiring.
    Give each wire a firm tug, like you are streatching a rubber band.
    Sometimes they can break inside the insulation.

Also make sure that the pin holder connector is firmly in place. Sometimes the pins dont line up, and it wont seat correctly.
    You could also have an issue with the micro switches on the pin holder its self.
    Swap it out with a spare.

Good luck.
    If you don't know and you don't ask, you still don't know

Comment

I don't believe there's any voltage going out on the switch wiring. It is merely completing the circuit back to the box.

You should check the continuity of the switch through both the setting deck cable and the external setting deck cable. I have this wiring diagram that shows connections (click to see larger view).

Not sure if this wiring diagram is the same for your machines, but this may help
      Use ADANA (Attention to Detail And Never Assume) or take a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess)at it

Comment

Check the continuity between the common and switch in the table cable. You can check them at the control box and manually activate the switch open and closed to check the wiring all the way through.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Oops -- sorry,
          I didn't see J_Rakow's drawing until the page refreshed.
          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Plug #rs
            So it goes.

Comment

yeh grounds, at least on the gs98s, are run common and have often broke at turn points. Check all connections along with point to point.

Comment

Just replace the table cable with a good one or swap with another lane and see what happens. Most likly it is a broken wire in the cable under the insolation. It usualy is 1 to 2 inches back. Hope this helps..
                If everything else fails - get a BIGGER hammer!!

Comment

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. Already done everything sugested and still no go. Nearly home time for me now and off for three days so someone elses problem. Take it easy all. Phil.

Comment

Check the plug on the HV box, I've seen the pins push out of the connector or the wires pull out of the plug.
                    For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Ok, the next thing to look at is swapping out the I/O board.
                      I have had a faulty board cause this problems, except on my machine it was the #10 pin holder that was staying open.
                      If you don't know and you don't ask, you still don't know

Comment

I have also had this problem be the CPU board. It was the 7 pin in my case.

edit*

Never mind, I see you've already changed the CPU. Did you use a known working Gamesetter box (from another pair) or use one from your inventory?
                        So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse