Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS-X / FrameWorX scoring - resetting

This problemis totally random, and occurs on all pinsetters, with various pins - but always after the first ball.

Bowler leaves pins standing, FrameWorX scores strike, pinsetter sweeps standing pins and resets full rack.

Charlie & I have racked our brains, and the only thing we have come up with is the possibility of a standing pin in the channel that might cause it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Re: GS-X / FrameWorX scoring - resetting

Sometimes a sliding pin will be within the opening for the pinspotter/pinsetter to pick it up to reset, but out of the view of the camera's software pinsensing block.
    Also, there is the possibility, especially with Brunswick machines, that dark spots on the pin oriented just right will fool the camera to think it's not there at take data.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

If you have frameworx shouldn't the machine itself take care of the scoring? Thought cameras were not used for frameworx and vector on GSX machines.
      Mike

Comment

OOPS - typed before looking at full original post.

You're so right MCSS.

We don't have no stinking cameras!!!!!!!!

With the GS, switch adjustments on each pin detector plate can be timing critical. You can use a tape measure while the table is at top and see where each plate is relative to the other for activating the switch. Use the tape end to push on the exact center of the plate and roll it at the pin deck to get the measurement when you hear the microswitch. It doesn't matter what the measurement is, what matters is what the difference is between each pin position.

Since the timing is quick between the b or c switch on the table shaft, and all the the detector plates to sense a pin, this can cause the intermittant missing of a pin.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Have you run the machine in the diagnostics mode? Another way to check it out is to bowl on the lane, and check the pin count against what the "Coach" shows on the overhead monitor.

Comment

I have consolidated electronics and find many of these problems are voltage related. I reset the 4.? voltage and it goes away for awhile. Sorry, it's early in the morn and my brain isn't awake yet.
            John

Comment

Could this be scoring software related?

Comment

We have Frameworx and the only time I'm aware of this happening is during oiling. The front counter puts the lane on "hold" so the oiler doesn't trigger the pinsetter.

If the bowler has just finished a game and the lane is put on "hold" before they clear the score sheet to start a new game, the very first ball of the new game is scored, but the pinsetter sweeps the pins and sets a new rack.

Perhaps a software glitch is causing that or possibly a similar interruption of communication with the pinsetter is responsible.

Use ADANA (Attention to Detail And Never Assume) or take a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess)at it

Comment

One thing .. My center reboots the entire system every morning .. I think this is to prevent gliches like that ... I guess? we have vector plus.

Comment

DO YOU HAVE GROUNDING STRAPS GOING FROM THE CUSHION ASSY.SHOCK BOLT TO THE BALL ACCELERATOR FRAME IT MADE A BIG DIFFERANCE FOR ME ALL OF THE LITTLE PIDDLY PROBLEMS LIKE THAT SEEM TO GO AWAY
                    CHUCK MCDOWELL

Comment

First, thanks for the replies.

To clarify, the GS-X's replaced the cameras, we do have the grounding strips and we "clearnv" every morning.

We will definitely check the dectector plate settings as suggested by Ted, but it will take a while.

The FrameWorX scoring could be the problem, as suggested by Tablejam - just haven't heard of anyone else with a similar problem.

Strictly random, but a pain in the neck (we set up pins by knocking down those not needed with a long pole; gripper on the end). Other suggestions welcomed. I think the current software by Brunswick will let you set up the pins from the desk, even on a mis-score.

Comment

WHAT HAPPENS HERE SOMETIMES IS THAT IF WE HAVE PEOPLE IN OPEN PLAY AND THEY SET THERE LANE TO JUST SHOOT AT SPARES AND WHEN THEY ARE FINISHED THEY DON'T CLEAR THAT OUT IT WILL CAUSE A PROBLEM SUCH AS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT ALSO
                        CHUCK MCDOWELL

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse