Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 pin not setting

My four pin will not set but machine keeps running like it has one in the pin holder but doesn't. I have replaced micro switch then entire pin holder, cpu, then nexgen. I believe it has to be in the wiring but I cannot find a break in wire anywhere. Any suggestions?
    If I can't fix it I'll break it so no one else can fix it either.

Re: 4 pin not setting

Try switching table cable with another lane.
    If everything else fails - get a BIGGER hammer!!

Comment

Swap the harness out. I had hv and io boards. If you have this try changing it

Comment

have you followed all the connections to make sure they're all secure? i had a few problems on a lane with one of the pins not being released, turned out the cable at the back of the station had a loose wire that just needed pushing in.
        This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules

Comment

Does it always get a fake signal from the 4 pin? If it is intermittent, it could be the detection paddle on the pin holder. Sometimes the force of the pins falling into the holders will cause the paddle to wiggle, sending a fake signal. This is much more common with the steel paddle, but I guess a plastic one in bad enough shape could also be doing it.
          My abilities are only limited by those who try to test them.

Comment

The best I can tell it's in the wiring somewhere. I've a table wiring harness and will replace all the wires.

Comment

No need to replace the whole loom. Just use a multimeter.. You will soon find the faulty cable.

Comment

Thanx for the input i'll do that.

Comment

Use continunity settin on multimeter (its got the arrow and the S on its side).

Pop out the table molex on the table, and unplug all cups. Pop the test pin in one of the holes in molex plug and test each terminal on every plug. You will soon find the break.

I found it easier to take out the table and do this. Doesnt take long. 15 mins.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse