Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexgen issue

Ok, so now that I have some free time I thought I would try to fix this Nexgen box that went out a couple of months ago. Heres what happened. I noticed the second ball light was out on lane 3 so I replaced it. Now, immediately after installing the bulb, lane 3 shuts down and I get a code 72. Machine was working properly until I replaced that bulb. I reset the box and start over. After power up and the box initializes, I put it in diagnostic mode and press reset. Sweep drops, then instead of table motor starting, the code 70 pops up and lane shuts off. Lane 4 was operating properly. Was getting ready to leave for the day so I swapped Nexgen boxes with a spare and removed the masking unit cable so if it was a problem with the bulb replacement I wouldnt blow this box too. Now, with the free time I hook up this box again to see what I can find. Now, both lanes are affected. After power up, sweep drops, I get no table motor and machine shuts down with a code 72. This is now happening on BOTH lanes. We have no spare boards, just one complete Nexgen box which is now down. Any ideas??

Originally posted by Charles Heuer View Post
    Sweep drops, then instead of table motor starting, the code 70 pops up and lane shuts off.
    Sorry, that was a typo. It should have read "code 72", NOT code 70. The code 72 is the only code I am getting on both lanes.

How do you edit your posts on this new format?? I must be totally overlooking something......

Comment

check your fuses

the ball lights and the sweep wagon solenoid are on one of the circuits in the nexgen box and it does show on schematic, ...a bad bulb socket or shorted bulb will blow this fuse, sorry not at gsx center today so can't remember which fuse it is...look in the nexgen box and it will be the one with no led...it could be the solenoid also

Comment

Originally posted by john dubose View Post
        the ball lights and the sweep wagon solenoid are on one of the circuits in the nexgen box and it does show on schematic, ...a bad bulb socket or shorted bulb will blow this fuse, sorry not at gsx center today so can't remember which fuse it is...look in the nexgen box and it will be the one with no led...it could be the solenoid also
        You're talking about on the CPU, correct ??

Comment

check table motor fuses
          For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Hey Charles, check the lamp voltage of light. If its wrong voltage it blows the fuse everytime and give that error code,72. I had that happen with me at Splitz when first opened, and lane 27 kept blowing F3 fuse, after all trying find out, we had Qubica masking units which had an ML90 lamp which was for brunswick pindicators and foul lights. It should be a 24 volt lamp. It was very frustrating.
            IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

you might check the transformer. We had a bad transformer and it caused a code 72 on one lane. when we traded the leads from the transformer to the other side of the board the problem changed lanes.

Good luck!

Comment

Right now its showing a 72 on both lanes. ALL fuses in the box are good. I guess I probably should start swapping boards with a good pair.

Comment

Try unplugging all connectors and do one at a time till it goes out.
                  IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse