Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball lift safety switch problem

We have two ball lifts that are giving us trouble. It seems that the safety switch right at the spot where the ball exits the lift is very easy to trip. If I press down on it the lift shuts down before the switch even moves. This is very annoying when balls come back from the return and are stopped at the lift. Often we must remove gutter capping to get 3 or 4 balls out. Major pain!! ( Why isn't the accelorater motor wired to shut down when the ball lift shuts down?) Is there a way to get at the switch without tearing the whole ball lift apart?

Thanks,
    Steff
    It's like keeping 16 old Harleys running. I love it!

remove hood.
    unplug switch.
    replace hood.
    Problem solved

Comment

You need to get to the terminals that go on the switch and reposition them or cut back some of the insulation so that they are not catching.

It's just the one 24mm bolt near the blower motor and the two bolts into the approach, then you should be able to swivel it enough to get to the switch.

Dave.
      "Party on dude!"

Comment

Thanks Presh. This is becoming a big nusiance, especially during leagues. Last thing we want is bowlers hating to be on lanes 7-8.

Comment

Turns out that it wasn't the switch but rather the ball detent on the arm was a little weak. One turn of the nuts on the end of the threaded rod put a little more tention on it and the arm won't fall due to vibration but is still working.

Steff

Comment

For me it was the hole for the axel on the switch that was worn and/or badly manufactured meaning the switch would trip from vibrations. That lift have been the home of Gremlins for about 2 years, hopefully the faulty switch was the reason various errors kept popping up, the parts of a machine designed to lift multiple bowlingballs does not take kindly to the power pulsating on and off I can imagine ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Pom View Post
              remove hood.
              unplug switch.
              replace hood.
              Problem solved
              I'm assuming you're joking. I have had a 5 year old boy get his entire arm caught in a ball return once. The safety switch was working, but he managed to get his are caught in the top of the upper rail as a ball came up and got jammed between the ball and frame of the ball return. I wish he would have just hit the switch like all the other kids do.

These switches need to be there and operational, especially with the negligent parents now days.
              Mike

Comment

I had two of the safety switches play up from the get-go. Enlarging the locking hole for the ball bearing latch and a little lube did the trick for me.
                Factory & Converted A-2 (US, Ger, Jap)
                Comscore ECT, Matrix & DuoHD
                Walker B, Sanction Standard, Original K, Flex Walker & Ikon
                Kegel C.A.T.S

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse