Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table safety support

I purchased a new GSX Table Safety Support (47-860011-000) To see what they were about. Currently, we use a jack stand under the table for safety when working on a table. Has anyone else tried, or used this new pin for table safety. I would be afraid that I would forget it, and it would mash the tube guide, causing me 3 more hoours of work.
    Thanks, John
    John

I once posted about using a jack stand under the table, and was laughed at. I still believe in saftey first!!!

Comment

Have to agree safety first. Especially all that is holding the tables up is a piece of cheap plastic.

From what I've heard if you forget to remove the pin the worse that will happen is the chain will slack out into the tube and cause an OOR code. I don't have them so I can't confirm this.
      Mike

Comment

What if the Table studs break? The new pins wouldn't stop the table crashing down if this happens, I know it is very rare but I have seen photos on here of it happen.
        I have seen new pinsetters with these pins fitted and it's better than having nothing, but on the other hand using a Jack Stand on the pin deck gets in the way when the place you want to be working IS the pin deck! So that's not practical either.

I think this problem still needs to be explored further to come up with a better soloution, but to answer your question, if fitted properly the pins won't damage the table legs. But just make sure you don't forget to take them out, make up a sticky sign to put on the elevator or control box or even the distribution board to remind you to remove them before you power back up.

Dave.
        "Party on dude!"

Comment

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          I once posted about using a jack stand under the table, and was laughed at. I still believe in saftey first!!!

What did you say?

I never used to use jacks under a table, just literally go straight under and do any work needed. Something changed though, I just got really paranoid that the table might collapse on me. I think I read something on here actually haha but since then, I used two car jacks, they were only small but could easily take the weight of a fully loaded table
          This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules

Comment

Do you really think it could kill you if it fell on you or maybe just get you a big check,lol mmmmmmmm Big check soulnds good but before I try it I liked to know if I would still be around to cash it.lol
            If I can't fix it I'll break it so no one else can fix it either.

Comment

I don't know about any other company, but because this was part of our health and safety procedures, most of them completely over the top and devoid of common sense, I doubt we'd get a payout. We'd probably end up getting a P45 for not following company regs.
              This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded_Stu View Post
                I don't know about any other company, but because this was part of our health and safety procedures, most of them completely over the top and devoid of common sense...

....Yep

Comment

Interesting, that is something I am gonna add to my 10 lanes. What do Brunswick charge for the kit?
                  Does look easy enough to make something similar yourself if you look at the installion instructions. I am all for things that makes the chance/risk of you getting hit by heavy objects at work less
                  Does mention in the PDF that the only thing that will happen if you run the machine with the pin inserted is a time out no damage to things.

http://www.brunswickbowling.com/down...2405_10-10.pdf

Edit: Found out a kit is about 15$ here in Sweden, not unresonable, still you can make them cheaper then that.
                  Picture of the kit: https://secure.bowlwebshop.com/websh...g.asp?imgNum=1
                  Last edited by SwedTech; 04-07-2012, 02:35 AM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse