Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres one I haven't seen

One of my centers had an issue of the sweep not going up at the end of the cycle. After watching it during open play I discovered the problem only ocurring during the first ball "Short cycle", you know, throw a gutter ball or hit only the 7 or 10 pin, sweep drops, table drops, detects gutter or either 7 or 10 pin hit then table and sweep immediately rise. It seems that when the sweep releases the sweep release lever swings back and forth so much that when the machine cycles and the sweep release lever lowers, the tipper lowers on top of the pin rather than under and hooking onto the pin so when the table motor reverses the table goes up but the sweep doesn't. The only thing I really did to it then was remove the sweep release lever assy, take it apart, clean it, lube it and use some thick grease at the pivot point to try to decrease the amount of swinging. Seems to be working so far. Anyone else deal with this??

We had the same problem right after installation (now about 6 years ago). There is an easy fis for this. The sweep release arm is bolted together with 2 hexkey bolds, loosen them, there are also 2 small hex key bolds, loosen these also and change the angel of the arm. (open or closer) THighten the bolds again and your problem is gone.

Comment

Same as Pinchezr says!
      "Party on dude!"

Comment

You can add a washer at the pivot point to slightly tighten it up. Thick grease is a temporary solution.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Syndar
          Sweep and table goes stuck
          by Syndar
          I have this problem on a lane and i can't solve it, without have another problem. Small premise, the machines in my bowling don't do the short cycle, they use a fastom system...
          03-01-2018, 06:04 PM
        • GSX_Tech
          Dropped Sweep
          by GSX_Tech
          Hi all. You've been so helpful in the past and I'm running out of ideas. I have a pinsetter that is randomly dropping the sweep. Here are the details. The best I can tell, it...
          01-20-2015, 11:03 AM
        • ABC
          Sweep problem
          by ABC
          Hello,

we have problem whit sweep that after 1st ball does its sweeping motion, goes back, comes front but when it should go up it rises slightly and drops down....
          09-30-2011, 12:39 PM
        • loadtoad
          sweep pickup
          by loadtoad
          Okay, throwing this one out there because I am not satisfied I have it figured out correctly.....

During first ball short stroke cycle, the sweep release (tipper)...
          03-18-2006, 02:27 PM
        • BG
          sweep problem
          by BG
          I have a problem with lane 5's sweep at my place. The 7ps sweep linkage actually hits the 7 cell respot lever on sweep run-thru on second ball, forcing the cells closed a bit...
          04-10-2003, 10:41 PM

A2 1 to 1 Gear Box Cover Replacement Due to Crack

I am refurbishing two converted A2 machines that I will be installing in my home basement this fall. One of them has a leaking gear box and cracked 1:1 gear box cover. I have...

Blue A2 Rebuild

Here are photos of the A2 that I just finished rebuilding and installing. Every single part on the machine came apart to be cleaned, painted, or replaced. All new rubber,...

Streamlane Mask Halo Lights

With huge thanks to "Toby" for all his help & expertise...my old masks now have for-real halo lights again.

Hybrid (and EcoFriendly) Bumpers (2012)

It's been about 10 years since we first tried this - 46 lanes and still working fine, auto air bumper cylinders on the BankShot bumpers. Here are videos of a home install with...

Baddest Tool Chest In Town

Adios, motor boater!

Aluminum Repair and Welding

with our broken moving deck i have been asked to figure out if there is a way we can weld it back together in house for very little expense.
        http://aluminumrepair.com/...
        Working...
        X