Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Band cleaning

I clean T-Bands twice a month on our 16 GSXs. Done in less than 4 hrs and it seems to really help keep the rest of the machine running clean. Each time I disable the 50 error codes then disconnect the stroke limiter solinoid molex connecter. Simple but my concern is that sooner or later those molex conns. are going to get beat up and not make good connection any more. They are not meant to be taken apart that often. I had the idea of making up an in line switch that could be switched off for the short time spent cleaning T-Bands, then switched back on when done. What do you guys think?

Thanks
    Steff
    It's like keeping 16 old Harleys running. I love it!

That would work, but I think you could replace the molex ends juts as fast and a lot cheaper if you were to have a problem. There are connector out that are made to be disconnected often, you could replace molex with these but no longer than it takes to replace molex ends it may be more cost effective to just replace if they give a problem.
    For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

I typically turn the setter on in Tenpin and just cycle it. Once the pins get behind the cushion they are out of the way anyway. Just as effective and it saves you the time of turning the 50 codes back on and reconnecting the stroke limiter.
      GSX Noob

Comment

And what and how are you guys using to clean the T-bands?
        let me be myself

Comment

With the pinsetter running, not setting pins first I go with a mop soaked in clear water. This picks up a lot of loose dirt and oil. then with a mop soaked in lane cleaner diluted 15:1. Rinse the mop well then scrub with the mop wrung out well. Next the mop soaked in clear water, then again with mop rinsed and wrung out well. Then dry with a rag. If the rag comes out wet but clean that is as good as it gets. 16 lanes in 4 hours = 15 min per lane every two weeks. I also keep an eye on t-band centering because sometimes cleaning gets them a bit off center.
          It's like keeping 16 old Harleys running. I love it!

Comment

I used to use (and will again shortly) a standard sponge mop with the handle cut down for easy maneuvering. While the machine is running during normal play or league practice, wet the mop with cleaning solution and just hold it on the t-band as it operates. I hit it from one side of the elevator, then the other. I use the sponge mop so strings don't get caught in anything as the machine rotates.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
              That would work, but I think you could replace the molex ends juts as fast and a lot cheaper if you were to have a problem. There are connector out that are made to be disconnected often, you could replace molex with these but no longer than it takes to replace molex ends it may be more cost effective to just replace if they give a problem.
              How's about disconnecting the stroke limiter solenoid mechanically? By that I mean remove a link or whatever? Sorry. Drawin' a blank on how the the stroke limiter assy is interconnected.
              So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

Originally posted by billman View Post
                And what and how are you guys using to clean the T-bands?
                Use lane cleaner at about 10:1 and a mop.
                GSX Noob

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse