Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsx blowing fuse

Bowled in tourney today at a local center, lane 5 is down, mechanic says fuse on board keeps blowing when machine cycles, being an a-2 mechanic, I'm trying to help. He says its the 2nd fuse down on the board,which is for the pin counter and it runs the shark fin assembly(which he replaced both assemblies). Anybody got a clue where to start looking? thanks

Blows fuse when cycle starts....when exactly does the fuse blow?

...when the sweep release pulls in?

...when the table starts running?

...when the sweep starts running?

I work on AMF but I know the basics of this machine, gotta start somewhere. I think knowing exactly when the fuse blows will help get a quicker answer.

Comment

not sure exactly,he said he was going to replace "g" switch last nite, I will call him today to find out more. I do know he replaced the whole electrical box with a working unit. This was my first view of these machines (pretty interesting machine).

Comment

Way different than an A-2 isn't it?

If the electrical box was replaced and it still happened then it must be on the machine.

Comment

I think I like my a-2s better, but technology is amazing at times.

Comment

could it be in reset circuit also? (under lane wiring to bowlers reset button)

Comment

Ended up being a bad ball door switch, Big B sent mechanic schmatic of what circuits are on each fuse on mother board

Comment

That makes sense. The balldoor solenoid fires when the cycle starts.

Comment

Shorted solenoid will blow fuse. I took this information and taped to the inside of the nexgen covers so it would be faster and easier to trouble shoot when lanes are running for my chasers.
                  For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

I'd tape it to the drop wall. Beats the chaser taking the cover off a possibly live Nexgen box and shorting it on accident. Just my two cents.

Comment

You have to power down and remove nexgen box cover to check fuses, with it on inside it of cover it saves time troubleshooting for me but the drop wall, front of pinsetter or even the outside of nexgen box will work. The idea is to make it easy for the pin chasers to trouble shoot.
                      For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Unless there is an interlock circuit on newer machines than mine it is possible for the Nexgen cover to come off with power to the box. That's why there are green LED's next to the fuses. If the LED is not on, then its either a bad fuse or a good place tostart looking for an issue.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse