Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excessive respots at my center...

Lemme run something by you guys...

I have Frameworx scoring with GS-10s. I know. I'm friggin' cutting edge over here. Anyway, I have way too many respots going on at my center. When the mechanic gets to the machine to shag the call they walk up to every possible scenario--second ball, no pins on deck; second ball, full pin deck; first ball, full pin deck; and pin fallen over. So it's not just ONE underlying problem that I have ascertained.

The second ball, no pins on deck is nearly always a no-brainer. Either the damper has popped loose, over-size dampers are needed, or it's File 13 for that tong. It's the first ball, full pin deck ones that have me scratching my head. I have my guys call the front counter after they chase a respot and find out what score correction was made. I figured it would be one random pin causing me problems. For example, maybe the 10 pin paddle bolt is SLIGHTLY out of adjustment and pinholder microswitch doesn't get made before B. But no...it's usually an instance where there are anywhere from two to seven pins standing and lo and behold--it scores a strike. Now I can see one microswitch not being made in time and a strike being scored, but SEVEN?

This isn't happening on just one or two machines. After reviewing my monthly stops for February I've found that EVERY machine has at least one respot call for the aforementioned month. Granted, they're not all for the reason I've expounded on, but you get my point. I don't like respots. Especially on this dinosaur. We have to use pinforks to do respots. What is this...The Bronze Age?

So lemme have it, All. What am I missing? B switch timing? I've thought of trying to advance the B switch (move further from A), but wouldn't that affect the operation of the pinholder solenoids?
    So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Does your machine automaticlly reset a new set if a strike was marked and it was accually a 9 count? ( Not seen pins like offspot 7 and 10 to the outsides, or wigging pins)

Comment

GSX here, but once in a while we get the pin that stands in gutter at very end of lane and stops table from going down far enough to score but low enough to hit the OOR switch so it will sweep pins and score X. I have this a few times a month.
      For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
        Does your machine automaticlly reset a new set if a strike was marked and it was accually a 9 count? ( Not seen pins like offspot 7 and 10 to the outsides, or wigging pins)
        There's no cameras to mis-score. Similar concept as the table wires/cells in a 70.
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I thought GS-10 got double switches, once worked on them the table wiring will crack on almost every place by hitting pins and table from spotting to respotting. I suggest rewire a table lets see of that lane will have have to respot manually for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
            GSX here, but once in a while we get the pin that stands in gutter at very end of lane and stops table from going down far enough to score but low enough to hit the OOR switch so it will sweep pins and score X. I have this a few times a month.
            This was my first thought. But like I said...it's happening on EVERY lane at least once a month. My OORs aren't outta control like that, and the likelihood of the pin standing perfectly in the flat gutter to make this occur is slim. I, too, have seen this though so it was a good thought. I just don't think that's the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lane_Support View Post
              I thought GS-10 got double switches, once worked on them the table wiring will crack on almost every place by hitting pins and table from spotting to respotting. I suggest rewire a table lets see of that lane will have have to respot manually for a month.
              At my center we have changed over to pinholders with only one switch. One less failure point. To your suggestion, I have three or four machines with new wire harnesses (at least within six months old) and they, too, have seen a respot or seven due to multiple pins not being seen. Lemme dig into that suggestion a little deeper to make sure I'm not talking out of my backside though.

Comment

Dave, 1st ball, full pin deck found when going for a respot does not make me scratch my head. It's the Einstein bowler. He pushed the reset button for whatever reason. Many times, if they are distracted and don't actually see their ball come out the chute, they are going for the reset button. At least with Frameworx on GS-98's, I feel there is a design flaw. In open play, if you push the reset button on second ball, the machine sets the spare back down. BUT, if you that in league play, it sweeps the spare away and sets a full rack! I could not get Muskegon to understand what a problem that is. So, I did a little rewiring in the Consolidated box. I gave the bowlers the "set" button, instead of the "reset" button. Now, league bowlers can no longer ignorantly sweep their spares away. Works great! Only downside is that if you get a ball pop out of the gutter and take pins out, you must first erase the score, then press the ball rack button to get a full rack. Then, re-enter the score. Small price to pay for big benefit, in my opinion.
                If your GS-10's behave the same way as the 98's in this regard, I would rewire the rest button.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch View Post
                  Dave, 1st ball, full pin deck found when going for a respot does not make me scratch my head. It's the Einstein bowler. He pushed the reset button for whatever reason. Many times, if they are distracted and don't actually see their ball come out the chute, they are going for the reset button. At least with Frameworx on GS-98's, I feel there is a design flaw. In open play, if you push the reset button on second ball, the machine sets the spare back down. BUT, if you that in league play, it sweeps the spare away and sets a full rack! I could not get Muskegon to understand what a problem that is. So, I did a little rewiring in the Consolidated box. I gave the bowlers the "set" button, instead of the "reset" button. Now, league bowlers can no longer ignorantly sweep their spares away. Works great! Only downside is that if you get a ball pop out of the gutter and take pins out, you must first erase the score, then press the ball rack button to get a full rack. Then, re-enter the score. Small price to pay for big benefit, in my opinion.
                  If your GS-10's behave the same way as the 98's in this regard, I would rewire the rest button.
                  I've often thought of doing this, but have yet to sit down and figure this out. Think I'll remedy that and see how I like it.

Comment

Dave,

At least in the Consolidated Box, the set and reset buttons share a common, so it's just a one wire move. One of those quick splice connectors for each button did the trick many years ago.

Comment

I have also considered doing this, but have decided not to at this time because I want to know if I have a problem with pins being respoted. If the bowlers can respot with out me knowing I can see how I could go a week with a problem with out knowing. I may change my mind and do in the future though. I modified all of my spotting tongs and have very few respots on my 11 year old machines now.
                      For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                        I have also considered doing this, but have decided not to at this time because I want to know if I have a problem with pins being respoted. If the bowlers can respot with out me knowing I can see how I could go a week with a problem with out knowing. I may change my mind and do in the future though. I modified all of my spotting tongs and have very few respots on my 11 year old machines now.
                        I fully understand wanting to know about a problem asap. However, at the end of the day it's all about customer satisfaction. It seems more convenient for the bowler to push a reset button than having to contact the front desk, call it back, and wait on the pinchaser to obtain the same results.

Glitch--while I still plan on making this change in the bowlers' reset button, I have decided this still won't fix my problem. I just spaced on pointing that out. As I stated earlier--I have the counter control personnel check what the score was changed from. So if we respot the 3, 6, 10, yet the original score marked was a strike, I don't see how them pressing the reset button could cause this. No disrespect meant here. Just sayin'...

Comment

Dave, do you think this is one problem for every mach.? how many resets per night? If it is the reset button, put a piece of tape over the button for a day or two. (see if there is a change) Do you have sliding pins? (coat the decks with someting real cheap like elmer's glue mixed with water.) You will again see a change over night. Elmer's will wear clean over time if you don't want them looking funky. I think you will find 3 or 4 things causing your issues, good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                            Dave, do you think this is one problem for every mach.? how many resets per night? If it is the reset button, put a piece of tape over the button for a day or two. (see if there is a change) Do you have sliding pins? (coat the decks with someting real cheap like elmer's glue mixed with water.) You will again see a change over night. Elmer's will wear clean over time if you don't want them looking funky. I think you will find 3 or 4 things causing your issues, good luck!
                            Strangely enough the majority of respots occur on nights when we have mens leagues. So the slippery pindeck theory had some merit in my opinion. However, I've already done two things to combat this and have found little to no change--I have installed the no slide pinspot thingys on lanes 1-14 in the 4-10 positions (for the record, I'm not a fan of these no slide thingys...they wear fairly quickly and don't quite cut the mustard in the cost:benefit ratio). For lanes 15-40 we spray pindecks after oiling with a 50:50 mix of water and a chemical called Ultra 2000, a heavy degreaser. This mix creates an artificial surface (rougher) and comes off when stripping lanes so there's no long term residue.

I've now lowered stroke limiter assemblies (as much as I felt comfortable with) on some lanes in the hopes that the pinholders microswitches will get made before the B switch consistently. I'll see how this does, though I'll need to lower more to get a better sample.

Thanks for the tips, ya bums. Keep 'em coming! I know I'm missing something here...

Comment

I just pictured one of my guys making a mix of Elmer's glue and water and coating our pindecks with it. The Rule of Thumb for my current crew is "If a little does well, then a lot will be perfect." Glue. Everywhere.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse