Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin trap in GS-X accelerator?

Looks to me like there would be room to make a pin trap in the accelerator, would greatly reduce our calls (As long as the staff aint to lazy to remove the pin in the trap.... )

Anyone done this?

If the rails could be a little farther apart, I think there's room for a pin to lay in the raised rail area. Maybe it could have a plate at the end to keep it from going any further.
    Me, I've been looking into a way to keep the ball door locked for an adjustable amount of time, primarily to increase it to maybe 4 to 4.5 seconds - perhaps with a capacitor and bleading resistor on the solenoid power.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I have Consolidated Electronics (Silver Box) and the last CPU program EPROM upgrade had the ball door lock timing increased to 5 seconds. I don't recall what the version number of the chip is, but Brunswick Tech can let you know if that version is available for your electronics.

My accelerator rails are mounted on a pan that can be slid out the back of the machine and is a separate assembly from the accelerator motor and belt assembly.

A pin that enters the accelerator is usually stopped by the cross brace that the rails are mounted to and the balls back up out the door.

If the pin is pushed past that point, sometimes it may come off under the pin deck or I've had pins pushed all the way up front to the power lift.

I'd imagine that if the pinsetters were mounted higher, you could cut a section of the pan out and let the pin drop underneath, then remove it from under the pan.

Attached Files
      Use ADANA (Attention to Detail And Never Assume) or take a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess)at it

Comment

I've thought about speeding the T-band up. For jollies one day we flipped the Distributor motor pulley. The pins were out of the way immediately. We didn't like how the pins slammed into the pin stations but we did like the way the pit and elevator functioned. We've been toying with the idea of getting a larger pulley for the rear roller to see how it works. We'd be OK with just speeding the Pit and not the elevator. I'd like to stick with the same style pulley, I just don't know what they're called, nor have i seriously searched for that style pulley.

A pan would be neat, but i think it's really a band-aid rather than a cure. I like extending the Ball Door lock timing too, I'm not sure how long ours are on for. I wish some settings were adjustable.
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I had a dist. motor fry last month and the new motor is 260 rpm faster than the old one and the pins do fish tail more when they come off shark and kit the ejector flap harder, maybe this is to speed things up some. It has not caused any problems yet, bbut I don't know if I like it or not.
          For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Speeding up the Tband may help move pins away from the ball door and reduce the number of pins in the accelerator (code 22).

The EPROM version for my Consolidated Electronics is "GS98 V3.3.10". The ball door lock cycle has been extended to 5 seconds.

I've also had luck on machines that would frequently get pins in the accelerator by rebuilding the Lock Assembly. The Lock Assembly holder, locking bolt, connecting studs, locking lever (they've redesigned this part) along with the Ball Door button lever all seem to show the most wear. About $20 worth of parts. Also don't forget to inspect the condition of the locking solenoid. If the collar is cracked where the plunger goes in, it will not give consistent locking action.

The more "slop" in the parts, the less reliable the operation.

It may interest you to know that Brunswick changed the attachment point of the ball door closing spring on the Ball Door Protective Ring, so the spring has less tension on it and there is less "bounce back" when the door closes. This lessens the chance of the ball door button lever going back under the locking bolt.

Brunswick has made available a Distributor Motor pulley that reduces speed by 10%. They offer it mainly to address the problem of pins fish tailing as they come off the shark assembly. Part # 47-075743-004. About $25. I think it's best done in conjunction with reducing the angle of the corner belts. View the Service Bulletin at:
            http://www.brunswickbowling.com/down...ns_ceb01-4.pdf
            Last edited by J_Rakow; 04-11-2012, 02:51 PM.
            Use ADANA (Attention to Detail And Never Assume) or take a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess)at it

Comment

Originally posted by J_Rakow View Post

Brunswick has made available a Distributor Motor pulley that reduces speed by 10%.
              I've been installing these pulleys on our table motors to reduce table motor speed. I like the results quite a bit. The ball is literally just coming up the powerlift by the time the machine cycle is completed. I'm thinking less wear and tear on all table and table-associated parts.
              So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

Could you post a video? I'd like to see the difference.

Comment

Dave I also have replaced all of my table motors with these and like the results, leagues never knew I changed anything as all leagues finish at the same time as before.

Comment

i have been using the distributor pulley on the setting table for 8 years and the results has been good...

Comment

Putting the Distributor reduction pulley on the table motor sounds interesting. I remember putting "A" pulleys on my Jet Backs and it not only improved indexing reliability but also helped reduce wear on indexing parts.

I see that the standard pulleys for the table motor and distributor motor are identical

What kinds of benefits might I expect by slowing the Table Motor?

Comment

Originally posted by J_Rakow View Post
                        Putting the Distributor reduction pulley on the table motor sounds interesting. I remember putting "A" pulleys on my Jet Backs and it not only improved indexing reliability but also helped reduce wear on indexing parts.

I see that the standard pulleys for the table motor and distributor motor are identical

What kinds of benefits might I expect by slowing the Table Motor?
                        Someone who has done this for a couple years may better be able to answer your question, but off the top of my head I would think the stroke limiter shock would take less of a pounding, tongs would move at a slower rate thus reducing wear on all associated parts save the spotting tong solenoid...obviously it would now be energized a little longer. I would also think there will be less breakage when a J1/J2 occurs as the table will have less momentum on its way back up. I have also noticed a slight drop in respots on these lanes as the table raises and lowers in a smoother motion.

Comment

Less wear on Stroke limit shock related parts and all table related parts, the lift shaft with the large chain gear doesn't have as much stress as it turns a bit slower and you don't have as quick of a lift to the table hopefully preventing the shaft from ringing off or breaking the weld holding gear on. I like the way the pin grippers are open a little longer because the table rises a little slower and the pin seem to set with less wobble, and all the table chains and pivot bearings should have less stress on them. Biggest thing for me was the wear and tear on machines. I did an end paid and ran for a couple weeks before I did the whole house.

Comment

Video please!

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                              Less wear on Stroke limit shock related parts and all table related parts, the lift shaft with the large chain gear doesn't have as much stress as it turns a bit slower and you don't have as quick of a lift to the table hopefully preventing the shaft from ringing off or breaking the weld holding gear on. I like the way the pin grippers are open a little longer because the table rises a little slower and the pin seem to set with less wobble, and all the table chains and pivot bearings should have less stress on them. Biggest thing for me was the wear and tear on machines. I did an end paid and ran for a couple weeks before I did the whole house.
                              Great info. Thank you. I will be installing them on the other half as soon as I'm able.

Originally posted by Tablejam View Post
                              Video please!
                              I don't have the capability to appease you, damnit!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X