Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange GSX Observation

So I was watching this tournament online and watching the machines cycle. I noticed something really odd. Watch the sweep when it goes up (about 4 - 5 minutes in during practice). At the end of the first ball cycle the sweep goes up all the way then back down just a little bit- and when it stops the ball lights change, maybe these are not GSX I'm not sure. At the end of the second ball or a strike it goes up all the way and stays there. This happens on all the lanes you can see. Is this normal? Why would the sweep only do that on that particular cycle? Is there some reason it needs to do that? I find this really strange. At 8 min 20 sec there is a closeup of lanes 31/32, keep your eyes on the sweep on lane 32 and you will see it for sure, then watch 31...it does exactly the same thing! Then you start seeing it on all the other lanes. What gives?

Last edited by Tablejam; 04-15-2012, 06:20 AM.

The table motor on a GS runs forward and backward, not unlike the sweep of an AMF.
    The same motor picks up the sweep with a 'tipper' that then released to drop after a ball is thrown. There is a switch to stop the table motor, and it can be slightly different in stopping from a forward run vs a reverse run. This could be what you are seeing.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Brunswick testing on speeding up the bowling pins to the distributor to the pins station and then to the setting table.... the backend will be a bit little different...

Comment

A B angle adjustment could be off a little.
        For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
          The table motor on a GS runs forward and backward, not unlike the sweep of an AMF.
          The same motor picks up the sweep with a 'tipper' that then released to drop after a ball is thrown. There is a switch to stop the table motor, and it can be slightly different in stopping from a forward run vs a reverse run. This could be what you are seeing.
          True but on every cycle when the table motor (which I believe would be running clockwise) picks up the sweep it always picks it up running the same direction as it cannot pick it up running the other way.

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
          A B angle adjustment could be off a little.
          If that was the case then why is it happening ONLY at the end of a resetting cycle and it's doing the same thing on EVERY lane?

I just saw something else weird. At 1:04:25, watch how lane 32 handles the extra ball. It looks like the table motor picks up the sweep and table, does not stop at A, then continues to run the sweep and table down and finishes the cycle.

Comment

like i said... Brunswick is testing on speeding up the bowling pins distribution..

Comment

I see.

Comment

Why would they want to speed it up? Not making enough $ off broken pin stations? Speed is the last thing these machines need to worry about. I want to slow the table down a little bit, but from what I gather it already has the slowest motor pulley on it.

Or is it calling for pins then lowering some to allow the pin stations to fill back up, instead of the pins just running the distributor over and over.

What I think they need to do is program the computer to have the shark send pins to pin stations that are waiting for pins, instead of the normal timing it has now. And allow us to set the ball door lock time delay in the setup rather then being pre programmed.
                Mike

Comment

Amano Ho is correct, the new software version has a few changes.
                  One of them being the ability to adjust how much the table travels past the A switch at the end of the 1st cycle, this releases the bows which in turn lets the flaps raise to allow the pins to load into the pin stations. And as the sweep pick up is controlled by the table motor you see the sweep board lower a little.
                  This is to reduce time outs and not just to speed the average cycle time up, it also makes the machines run a lot quieter too. We are currently testing this software and everything is positive at the moment.

Dave.
                  "Party on dude!"

Comment

That's pretty awesome that it can do that.

Comment

Right On.. Dave... there will be a little different in the backend for newer pinsetter... Brunswick are still in the testing process...

Comment

What else is different....different backed.....what?

Comment

Sorry... it still in the testing mood or try and error... i was told that not to review until everything is final.... it may take 2 to 3 years... sorry... i have yet seen to all thing yet...

Comment

Sorry, but I hate that concept to get quicker load times. A company I used to work for thought it would speed up cycle times by cutting the bow off all the pin stations on their '98s. 18 months later we replaced every pin station to original spec. Rather than decrease time outs, it had the opposite effect unless running 24+ pins in the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pom View Post
                              Sorry, but I hate that concept to get quicker load times. A company I used to work for thought it would speed up cycle times by cutting the bow off all the pin stations on their '98s. 18 months later we replaced every pin station to original spec. Rather than decrease time outs, it had the opposite effect unless running 24+ pins in the machine.
                              This was what I was going to question...why have the retaining bow extrusions if you want faster load time? Then I realized this upgrade could (possibly) be sold to folks who already have GSX in place and don't want to go through and cut every retaining bow extrusion, while perhaps future iterations of retaining bows will be sans extrusion. I see how this upgrade could definitely cause 4, 7, 10 timeouts if you have pins idling on the t-band.
                              So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X