Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins too far forward on GSX

I have a couple of machines that set the pins a little too far forward for my liking. I have adjusted the vertical stop bolt inward as far as It will go. It almost seems like the whole machine needs to be moved rearward. Anyone encounter this before?

billman
    let me be myself

Originally posted by billman View Post
    I have a couple of machines that set the pins a little too far forward for my liking. I have adjusted the vertical stop bolt inward as far as It will go. It almost seems like the whole machine needs to be moved rearward. Anyone encounter this before?

billman
    Many, many times. And you are correct--if you have just about bottomed out the vertical limit bolt, which is none too desirable as you will increase the amount of crush on the detection paddles, you will have to move the frame toward the foul line. All you do is loosen the four bolts that secure the frame to the kickbacks/ballbox, remove any bolts that may tie the machine you're trying to move to a neighboring machine, get a chunk of 2X or small piece of lane panel, place it against the front edge of the catwalk, and start pounding one side, then the other side to kind of "walk" the machine back. Since you are moving the frame rearward rather than forward you will not have to take tension of the elevator drive belt or remove the t-band drive polycord. You may be surprised how easy these frames can be moved.

Oh...and do it with the table at the lowest position so you can see how far you need to go.
    So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

Might check your table tube guides first. I've had a couple worn out that allowed the pins to be off spot by almost a 1/2 inch.
      Mike

Comment

I agree with MCSS, check the tube guides first.
        For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSS View Post
          Might check your table tube guides first. I've had a couple worn out that allowed the pins to be off spot by almost a 1/2 inch.
          Good call. I've seen them bent enough to cause what he's seeing, and I can see how they could be out of level enough to set pins way off spot. Of course in the case of the guide tubes bending it was the result of one of the idler gears breaking and allowing the table to dip down on the left-hand side severely.

Devil's Advocate here--if the guide tubes are just worn wouldn't it be cheaper and faster to just move the Gamesetter frame rather than replace the guide tubes?

Comment

Originally posted by davegargamel View Post

Devil's Advocate here--if the guide tubes are just worn wouldn't it be cheaper and faster to just move the Gamesetter frame rather than replace the guide tubes?
            What I've noticed is sometimes they will be on spot and sometimes off a lot, just depends how much the table is rocking back and forth. I've also replaced a few guides that were worn just to come back in a week to find them worn out again, no matter how much grease I put on the tubes and guides. Tried to adjust the tubes to get them more level, but doesn't seem to help. I'm thinking the guides should be replaced with the rollers that are below the guides, which would allow you to plumb the tubes a lot easier.
            Mike

Comment

Dave, used your method and got the pins about 1/4 inch towards the rear and used the ajusting bolt to bring them back. Took a lot of the pressure off of the detector plate! Great tip.

billman
              let me be myself

Comment

Originally posted by billman View Post
                Dave, used your method and got the pins about 1/4 inch towards the rear and used the ajusting bolt to bring them back. Took a lot of the pressure off of the detector plate! Great tip.

billman
                Glad it worked out for you, Sir. These machines seem to like to move a bit. Or maybe it's just the install, I don't know. I was at one center where I had to move 22 out of the 44 machines we had within the first six months of their installation.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X