Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting table not properly squared to the pin deck

I did some forum searching before I decided to post this, but the only results I had where anywhere from 1cm to 1/2inch. The issue I have is that my lane 1 settings table is...a good bit off.

Here's a picture:

table2.jpg

I have already tried adjusting the guide roller tubes to make them level, it was still off. Even forcing them to be unlevel from left to right wouldn't get it anywhere near. I understand that through some troublesome efforts you can adjust the entire frame of the pinsetter, but how much room would this buy me? Also, I would love to possibly know even the cause of how a table could get this far off.
    Fix it the right way? You can't do that unless it worked right to begin with.

http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...forward-on-GSX

The link above will show ya how to move the entire frame. I, too, would be curious to know how it could get so far off. Silly question here, but is it possible the swing shaft has come loose and moved over to one side?
    So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

Well, that still leaves an issue. There is plenty of room where the frame mounts up to the kickbacks/walls for front to back movement, but virtually none for side to side.

As for the swing shaft question, remember, what you're seeing is that the pinspot is off entirely from the center of the head pin hole in the table itself. Any intentional movement of the swing shafts/pin holders to get the pins on spot led to the detector plates jamming against the tongs, throwing J1s.

Comment

I don't think the frame can be moved side to side, not that much anyways. If you loosen the nuts on the table studs you might be able to shift the table over a little, but probably not that much.

Does the table sit square with the distributor? Did this problem just happen, or has it been this way since the machines were installed? I would check your table support tubes and see if they are bent a little.
        Mike

Comment

have you loosened the bolts for the tube guides where they mount to table? It's not much but there is some room move the table some, don't know if you can shift enough but the 1 pin hole would shift the most because of where the tubes are connected. You may need to shift the machine by moving the left side back and right side forward.
          For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Originally posted by mhdavis03 View Post
            Well, that still leaves an issue. There is plenty of room where the frame mounts up to the kickbacks/walls for front to back movement, but virtually none for side to side.
            True, but if you were to just tap the left side of the frame up a bit while leaving the right side in place you would force the table to pivot, thus moving the left side of the table to the side in relation to the right side.

Originally posted by mhdavis03 View Post
            As for the swing shaft question, remember, what you're seeing is that the pinspot is off entirely from the center of the head pin hole in the table itself. Any intentional movement of the swing shafts/pin holders to get the pins on spot led to the detector plates jamming against the tongs, throwing J1s.
            Ah, good call. I missed that observation. Are all or most pinspots off in this manner, or just this one pin?
            So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

Originally posted by MCSS View Post
              I don't think the frame can be moved side to side, not that much anyways. If you loosen the nuts on the table studs you might be able to shift the table over a little, but probably not that much.

Does the table sit square with the distributor? Did this problem just happen, or has it been this way since the machines were installed? I would check your table support tubes and see if they are bent a little.
              We've tried shifting the table studs, too, and yeah, it only bought us about 1/4 inch. Haven't actually checked the squareness to the distributor. I'll add it to my list for Monday.

Unfortunately, I'm only aware of this problem existing recently because it's a new setting table frame. So it very well might have started just with this new frame.

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
              have you loosened the bolts for the tube guides where they mount to table? It's not much but there is some room move the table some, don't know if you can shift enough but the 1 pin hole would shift the most because of where the tubes are connected. You may need to shift the machine by moving the left side back and right side forward.
              Yeah, I didn't actually think about this. By sight, they all seem to be off, but I haven't actually checked exact measurements to see if they're all off evenly.

Originally posted by davegargamel View Post
              True, but if you were to just tap the left side of the frame up a bit while leaving the right side in place you would force the table to pivot, thus moving the left side of the table to the side in relation to the right side.

Ah, good call. I missed that observation. Are all or most pinspots off in this manner, or just this one pin?
              Yeah, the pivot idea is a good one. I'll need to check exact measurements for each pinhole first.

Thanks to all three of you. Gives me some good ideas for Monday. And thankfully too, it was leaning toward giving up after two days of this so far.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X