Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS-X Trying to set pins instead of detecting

Hey guys,

One of my pinsetters keeps trying to set pins after the first ball instead of detecting how many are left.
    The problem is intermittent so my thoughts are that the stroke limiter solenoid is faulty. About to replace that.
    Any thoughts?
    How did that even get in there?

Sounds to me like the lock for the swing shafts isn't engaging or worn allowing them to tilt occasionally.
    Also, when the stroke limiter solenoid engages to let the table go all the way down, the same shaft latch pulls away to allow the swing. I've seen stiffness somewhere in the linkages that wouldn't allow the shaft lock to move fully forward after spotting. Tightening the spring a bit will help it, but determining the reason it's stiff needs to be found.

SwingShaftLock.jpg

And, it could be as simple as the TS1 actuator arm needs to be moved a fraction lower so there's more clearance as in the photo.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted has it right the hook is not latching, if the solenoid was bad it would "not unlatch". Check the raised table height and for and binds like Ted said, I have seen the thin rod that go's from the square shaft to the stroke limiter get bent and cause binding.
      For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

I had a very similar problem a few days ago. Ty having a look at your A switch. The cam may not be postioned on it properly

Comment

Yep, Ted was right on the money. Adjusted and cleaned the lock for the swing shafts and it's working fine now. Thanks!

Comment

I've encountered another issue with this lane. I get an error 76 now and again. From what I can tell all the spotting tongs are correctly fitted and there are no broken teeth. But one spotting tong does not open all the way even though it is correctly fitted. Why could this be?

Comment

New tongs designed so they must be installed in closed position, change that tong. Also check for rebound where the gear rack bounces back switch opens.

Comment

im having the same pproblem with the tong switch but im getting either a 66 or 76 ,how do i adjust the switch is it by bending the finger on the switch

Comment

If you are getting both you could have an issue with the ST clutch slipping or the solenoid not being energized long enough.

Comment

Adjust spotting tongs one by one, that seemed to work for me and I get no rebound that would otherwise cause the gear rack to open the switch back again. Touchy bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                      New tongs designed so they must be installed in closed position, change that tong. Also check for rebound where the gear rack bounces back switch opens.
                      Curious--what is different about these new tongs that force you to install them in the closed position? I've still been installing them fully open...
                      So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

now my machine is giving code 72`shopefully its the switch going bad or out of line we will see

Comment

Something to do with the round gear was what i was told by the techs at Bruns.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                            Something to do with the round gear was what i was told by the techs at Bruns.
                            What round gear? I assume they mean the only gear on the tong? As I said...I've been installing new tongs in the fully-open position and have yet to see a problem...
                            So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

The round gear on tongs, something about them not being in time with other tongs if installed in open position. There is a service bulletin on it on the brunswick site.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X