Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX CPU BOARD IN THE NEXGEN, LOSING FRAME COUNTS

OK IM NEW TO THIS SITE SO GO EASY OK, WE CARE CURRENTLY TESTING NEW GSX NEGEN SOFWARE WHICH NEEDS SETTING UP VIA A PAIR OF PINSETTERS, BUT FOR A LONG AS I HAVE WORKED ON GSX'S ITS A COMMON ISSUES FOR THEM TO LOSE OR ZERO THE FRAME COUNTS, WHEN E.G. DOING A FAULT OR POWERING UP IN A MORNING ECT, THIS NOW WITH THE NEW SOFWARE IS AN ISSUE AS WE ARE ALWAYS HAVING TO RE ADJUST SETTINGS BEING A PAIN TO BE HONEST, SO ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT, I WILL MAKE IT A SSIMPLE AS I CAN ALL BOARDS IN THE NEXGEN HAVE EITHER BEEN MOVED TESTED ECT ON OTHER LANES WITH THE SAME RESULT, SO I KNOW 100% IT IS SOMETHING ON THE CPU BOARD. ANY HELP ON THIS AS I SAY WOULD BE GREAT.

I would just put a new cru board on nexgen and problem should be solved.
    If I can't fix it I'll break it so no one else can fix it either.

Comment

i know that shoud be the case, but how do i justify replacing 14 cpu's in my stock at silly repair or replace prices because its not doing this job it should do? replacing the board would be my obvious choice but i dont have the option to or not any other bowls unless they have an unlimited budget you get me?, the reason for my post is if someone out there has been in the same boat and not had to replace but repair it!!!.cheers anyhow.

Comment

Alright mate, great to see you on here finally!

Could anyone please confirm that they have some CPU's that reset and some that don't?
        Maybe age or CPU variant related?
        I know that you guys in the States don't power down your Nexgens as much as we have to but you must notice a difference between pairs?

Thanks for any input.

Dave.
        "Party on dude!"

Comment

If some lanes save the settings and some don't it could be that some of your CPU boards are different. When I added the rear display an the elevators some of my CPU boards were not sending the information to the rear displays and Brunswick had me send them back and they fixed the problem, they didn't charge me to fix them at the time don't know if this is a similar issue or not. You could give Brunswick a call and see if they have had other complaints about this.
          For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

I can't remember....Is there a battery on that CPU board? That could explain it.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

No battery that I know of. What is the settings that you can set?

Thanks
              Steve
              For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Sbrooks, the settings are covered in this thread.
                http://www.bowltech.com/forums/showt...SX-Observation

And no there isn't a battery Ted.
                "Party on dude!"

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                Working...
                X