Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not setting full rack; swapped boards and cable, no love.

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not setting full rack; swapped boards and cable, no love.

Okay, so GSX pinsetter. Frameworks.

Table comes down with a full load, rotates like normal to set pins, but the solenoids only seem to energize on the pins on the right-hand side of the table. 1, 3, 5, 6, 9 and 10 will set and detect, but the rest don't set.

I've swapped the I/O board, swapped the low-voltage board, and swapped the cable from the cannon plug to the nexgen box. They all went out at the same time, and a quick visual inspection confirms that the pinholders in question are plugged in.

I don't know what else to do. Anyone come across this before?

Check the level of the table when it is all the way down. The pin grips can not release the pins if the pins are not on the deck of the lane when the table is down. All of your pins that are not setting are on the 7 pin side of the table.

Comment

Do what Beerman said and look for stripped studs on the 7 pin side guide tube or loose nuts.

Comment

Has some one at the desk told the machine to set only those pins for practice?
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

If you run in diaq you eliminate the scoring as the problem, could you have a broken wire in the table?
          For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
            If you run in diaq you eliminate the scoring as the problem, could you have a broken wire in the table?
            This one. It appears the only thing left is the internal table harness.

Concerning the idea of the table being out of level...unless someone was there recently messing with the table level, I don't see how one side of the table could be too high just out of the blue like this.
            So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

No single wire is connected to all of these pin holders.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                No single wire is connected to all of these pin holders.
                Ah yes. There this that.
                So speaketh the Gospel of The Beer Can

Comment

All wires meet at the cannon plug could they have been damaged there? I have seen the pins get pushed back out of the connector. Could the pin deck have gotten loose and dropped on the 7 side?
                  For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll head in this direction and check table level, then the cannon plug, and see what happens.

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                      Working...
                      X