Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of new machines being installed...

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of new machines being installed...

Here are the accelerators and pits that came with the lanes, kickbacks, gutters, power lifts.

1.png

This a new way of building the supports for the lanes to me. They call it a I-joist foundation. I've only seen this in pin deck installations. Different for a lane.

2.png

Starting to put down the underlayment for the lane beds.

3.png

Here is the approach section where it meets the bowlers circle. Interesting material for the underlayment.

4.png

Pin decks going in.

5.png

Accelerators and kickbacks going in...not sure about an accelerator masquerading as a kickback.

6.png

Another picture of the kickbacks and accelerators. Maybe the kickback is trying to be an accelerator?

7.png

Brackets for rollers and pit carpet in place. I know...they call it a transport band...right? Sure looks like a carpet from an AMF machine.

8.png
    Last edited by Steve Stafford (JBEES); 10-05-2013, 01:26 AM.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Putting in some boards...or at least that is what the parts book calls them. Sure look a bit like bounce plates. But I doubt they bounce much. LOL

1.png

Tightening the boards.

2.png

Putting in the rear rollers. (I missed them putting in the front ones)

3.png

And the other side. Looks easy when the elevator is not there...at least that's what they told me. So I put one in too...and yep...pretty easy. Somehow I think that will change with the elevator sitting there.

4.png

All the kickbacks and pits are in place...now on to the front.

5.png

Power lifts going in.

6.png

Underground trough going in. These are made from plastic? Looks easier to change if broken versus the old plastic rails.

7.png
    Last edited by Steve Stafford (JBEES); 10-05-2013, 01:37 AM.
    Main Event Entertainment

Comment

And the last one for now...the power lifts are in. Now the panels begin next week. Looking good so far.

I want to say thanks to the crew that is doing the install. They have been very patient with me and all the questions I have asked. Very professional crew in my opinion. Thanks Jeff.
      Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Very impressive Steve. How many lanes?
        I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Keep the pics coming. It's always good to see the skeleton and build up of our world we work in.

Comment

Nice pictures Steve! Keep em coming!
            * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Originally posted by PJ View Post
              Very impressive Steve. How many lanes?
              26 lanes. This is a family entertainment center so bowling is not the only draw to the venue. Gravity Ropes, Laser Tag, Video Games, Restaurant, Bar, Billiards, Group/Party Rooms. Very impressive.

Pinsetters arrive and start going in Monday. I will keep the pictures coming as they continue to assemble everything.
              Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Steve, the pin decks had no support other than the lane to tale plank, did something get added later as the flat gutters were installed?

Comment

Originally posted by rivmike View Post
                  Steve, the pin decks had no support other than the lane to tale plank, did something get added later as the flat gutters were installed?
                  Here are the pin decks with the I-joists in place. The middle I-joist has not been shimmed in this image but I think you get the idea of what will happen. I hope this clears up the question. If not...let me know and I will ask the crew.

Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Thanks, I figured there was something. I'm surprised that the center support didn't run under the flat gutter. Is there another support between the 4-5-6 line and the tale plank? (many people add one)

Comment

WOW, that is cool! Please shoot video of the machines running when they are in. Can't wait for more pics.

I have always wondered... so the accelerator is the kickback, when it is removed is there just a huge empty space left or does the box stay and the insides only come out?
                      Last edited by Tablejam; 10-05-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

TJ just the Insides come out.

Great pic's Steve glad to see you have the deeper ball return tracks, pins cause balls to jump off the shallow tracks once in a while.

I'm sure you will be impressed with the GSX once you get a little time on them.
                        For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrooks View Post
                          TJ just the Insides come out.

Great pic's Steve glad to see you have the deeper ball return tracks, pins cause balls to jump off the shallow tracks once in a while.

I'm sure you will be impressed with the GSX once you get a little time on them.
                          Thank you, now I know.

Comment

That I joist construction is also called LVL. (Laminate veneer lumber) It's becoming more popular for headers and such, for longer spans. They claim it's much stronger than traditional framing.
                            I can't even spell Brunsw-ick anymore!!!

Comment

nice pics

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X