Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Table Harness Connections

Hi, guys.

We recently replaced our setting table harness and when the machine's run in diagnostic mode, we get 01, 02, 03, 04 + 09 errors, or when you place pins into the pin holder, we get 51, 52, 53, 54 + 59 errors.

Any idea what could be wrong? The pin holders are fine, because they worked before we swapped the cable. The holders recognise a pin being in them, but won't open the pin grippers. I've checked the back of all ten holders, and the microswitches are connected properly
    Attached Files
    This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules

Re: setting table harness connections

You may have a bad connection where the table harness and the table cable from the nexgen connect. Could you have had some of the pins push back when you connected.

In the nex gen CPU fuse F1 (right machine) or F10 (left) controls the 1-2-3 pin holder solenoids. Fuse F3 (right)or F7 (left) controls the 7-8-9 pin holder solenoids. You may have a blown fuse and just a bad connection on the 9 pin holder.
    For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

I swapped the F3 fuse with the F7 one, it didn't work unfortunately, so it can't be that.

The setting table harness is a brand new one, and I've tried a new upper cable from lane 1 onto lane 2, and the errors stay the same. One of our techs moved a good pin holder to one of the ones that wasn't opening and again, the error stayed put.

I'm going for a bad connection to be honest, I unplugged the cables to do a continuity test on pins 29 + 30, and that came through as a beep on our tester to say it was fine, but after plugging it back in I started getting 76 errors. I unplugged/re-attached and now it's back to the 54, 57, 58, + 59 codes in the diagnostic mode

We've been working at this for ages now, and can't seem to get anywhere with it.

Comment

The pins can get pushed back or out where the harness and cable connect, the fact that the codes are different makes it sound like you have a bad connection here, make sure male and female ends are in good and then be careful when you reconnect and see if it helps.
        For Sale, Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Comment

I would also check the fuse holder itself for being not tight enough or a poor connection. IIRC, there is a led on the board next to the holder. Just had that issue recently on a gsx

Comment

It's not your cable that goes from your upper cable @ nexgen to the actual I/O is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Troyza
              It's not your cable that goes from your upper cable @ nexgen to the actual I/O is it?
              Yeh, mate. The upper cable is brand new, the inner cable is brand new, too. Now we're getting errors because 4 pins aren't being set, off the top of my head, 54, 57, 58, + 59 errors.

One of our lads thinks it's the red/blue wires on the inner cable plug being set up wrong because the pin holders all work, it's just really confusing aha

Comment

hmm, i gotta be honest, & i'm not saying i'm right about this either haha, I only started working on these babies this year. But I think your friend may be right. For those pin holders, check to make sure that both solinoid wires are in the correct ports, if they aren't, the solidnoid won't activate obviously. just curious, does the machine detect those pins at all? maybe the detect wire & one of the soilnoid wires are crossed on those pin holders - the only wire you can be certain about is the pin holder loading wire (because the machine is getting signal that the pin holders are loaded)

If all else fails, you can just swap the harness with another table & see if the problem moves - it's such a pain in the ass job but its effective! Off the top of my head I can't remember what code 50's are.

Comment

aha, I know how you feel, I started as part-time tech last January but started full time in September, so I've had a lot of catching up to do, definitely a lot to take in.

Originally posted by Troyza
                  For those pin holders, check to make sure that both solinoid wires are in the correct ports, if they aren't, the solidnoid won't activate obviously. just curious, does the machine detect those pins at all?
                  I thought that myself, so I checked, they're all connected up fine. You get 04, 07, 08, 09 codes when there are no pins in the table, but when you manually put some in, you get the 50 errors, which are the codes you get when the table doesn't detect them when it lowers in diag mode.

So the switch in the middle of the pin holder detects the pins, it just doesn't activate the solenoid. It's not the holders, we've switched to a known working one and it didn't work.

That's the only thing we haven't done is move the inner cable, it's so bloody fiddly

Comment

im the other tech working on this and its starting to be a pain in the ass now because its just switching between 76 and the 50s, but before i took the cable harness out we were just getting 51, 52,54, 59 but then i took out the cable harness and unplugged the red wires from the terminal and moved them around causing the error to change but in the manual it doesnt say how they should be put back in. is there any ideas how they should go or does it not matter.

the 50s codes are that 1-10 pins are not being detected in diagnostics causing it to do 51, 52, 53 and so on.
                    bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word

Comment

hmm, i see... So good holders, good harness, good upper harness and good cable going to i/o. When did this problem start? I think its time you start considering possible pcb problems, you guys have tried swapping i/o's? the problem to me sounds like current isn't going where its meant to go, when its meant to, and if all the wiring is good, then the only thing controlling the current is the nexgen.

Comment

it is going to be the conection on the table. just had a lane down two days. turned out the white wiregold pin was pushing away from the cable not giving a good connection. when i disconnected the cable it would pull the pin back up so it looked good even tested good. wound up just hard wiring around it at the connection and problem solved. yours is probably red or blue wire causing it since they are common wires.

Comment

That's what I'm gonna do next week, take the harness off lane 1, compare its connections to the harness from lane 2, see if the red/blue cables match up.

you're lucky you'vev only had yours down for two days, ours has been nearly a month, probably a bit longer. Such a pain.

I'll let you know how I get on over the weekend

Stu

Comment

<span style="font-size: 14pt">The error codes 01 through 10 and 51 through 50 all point switches not being made, or not changing state.

Looking at the external setting deck cable wiring diagram, you can see that all 10 pin holder switches share a single common wire (pin 1) to the electric box and pins 5 through 14 corresponding to switches 1 through 10.

With pins in the holders and the swing shafts horizontal, unplug the external setting deck cable and check continuity between pin 1 and the corresponding switch pin.

The switch common wire is distributed to 10 individual wires (red) on a terminal block under the plug end and the other side of each of the switches have individual wires running directly from the plug end

1.png

2.png

If the table harness checks out OK, plug the external cable back in and pull the plug at the box and check pin continuity at that end (pin numbers are molded into the backside of the molex connector).

3.png

Click pic for larger image

Hope you're able to track down your problem
                            </span>
                            Use ADANA (Attention to Detail And Never Assume) or take a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess)at it

Comment

I have had a similiar problem awhile back. I would check your table height, your angle 1 &amp; 2, and then would check to see if your cam on the switch cluster.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse