• New Bowl-mor contour

IMAG0262.jpg

Old contour removed

IMAG0263.jpg

New plastic contour clamped to old fiber contour to drill holes

IMAG0264.jpg
    Shot of the new contour before drilling

IMAG0266.jpg

New contour drilled and holes counter sunk ready to be installed!
    This is kind of a boring/pointless post but thought some might be interested in viewing.

Nick
    Attached Files

Good pics. You got your money's worth out of the old one.

Comment

Thanks badwrench. I'd say it was the original from when the place was built in '61, so 51 years old. Definitely got our money's worth!

Comment

What is it?

Comment

A pit contour is just the fancy part name of a slanted piece of material (plastic, fiber) makes sure the pins fall onto the turntable on a Bowl-mor Candlepin machine. After awhile the old original fiber contours wear out and need to be replaced. Usually with plastic for better durability.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

cool pics, thanks for sharing
              If it cant be fixed with a hammer, use a bowling pin.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
              Working...
              X