Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl-mor control box wiring

Hey guys, I'm planning on building a half scale candlepin lane and have access to some real Bowl-Mor parts. Can a Bowl-mor control box be wired for home use? I'm clueless when it comes to electrical stuff.

Thanks, Nick

This is all I know... "A Bowl Mor unit weighs approximate 1,450 pounds (660 kg), and draws 24 amperes at 110 volts from three-wire 110-220 volt service mains"

Comment

Should be ok, you would just need a dedicated circuit on your home panelboard for it. What is each machine wired up to at your center? I'm guessing a 30A breaker at least.
      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Sounds like a HUGE power draw for a lane. I put some in in Indy, I don't think they used #10 wire - which would be required for over 20 amps/circuit. Especially if it's 220. I can imagine it is fused at 30 amps - only for the wire size to the chassis, but those running at at 220 vs 115 should be pulling less than 5 amps per lane.
        If they are 3 phase, they will pull less.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Since you are in Canada with a live to neutral voltage of about 120, you can just use the same 30 amp double breaker in your panel box and the same wire you would use for an electric clothes dryer. Make sure to install a switch above the candlepin electrical box that will kill both live lines. All the motors should be 120 volt.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X