Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl-mor control box wiring

Hey guys, I'm planning on building a half scale candlepin lane and have access to some real Bowl-Mor parts. Can a Bowl-mor control box be wired for home use? I'm clueless when it comes to electrical stuff.

Thanks, Nick

This is all I know... "A Bowl Mor unit weighs approximate 1,450 pounds (660 kg), and draws 24 amperes at 110 volts from three-wire 110-220 volt service mains"

Comment

Should be ok, you would just need a dedicated circuit on your home panelboard for it. What is each machine wired up to at your center? I'm guessing a 30A breaker at least.
      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Sounds like a HUGE power draw for a lane. I put some in in Indy, I don't think they used #10 wire - which would be required for over 20 amps/circuit. Especially if it's 220. I can imagine it is fused at 30 amps - only for the wire size to the chassis, but those running at at 220 vs 115 should be pulling less than 5 amps per lane.
        If they are 3 phase, they will pull less.
        This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Since you are in Canada with a live to neutral voltage of about 120, you can just use the same 30 amp double breaker in your panel box and the same wire you would use for an electric clothes dryer. Make sure to install a switch above the candlepin electrical box that will kill both live lines. All the motors should be 120 volt.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
          Working...
          X