Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Sizing

Hi Guys, I was wondering if someone could help me with sizing for a 1/3 scale lane. I was just wondering a few things about a full scale lane, I belive the width is 42 inch? Also just wondering how far the drop is from the lane surface to the top of the table the pins land on? Also wondering the diamater of the table. Any tips or ideas would be great
    Thanks
    Mike

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
    ... how far the drop is from the lane surface to the top of the table the pins land on?
    You mean the Pit? The turntable? Lane surface to Pit, I believe, is about six inches. I could be wrong. That's about the length of the "drop" in tenpins, AMF and Brunswick, both. 5 and a half to six inches.

Doug

Comment

Hi Doug yes the pit sorry, and how far back would it go from the end of the lane to the curtain?

Comment

Everything you need to know about sizing and spacing is here: http://www.bowlcandlepin.com/investment_information.htm
        scroll to the bottom of the page
        "Oil patterns?!? We don't need no stinkin' oil patterns!"

Comment

Just a quick overview from the top of my head (like CandlepinFTW said, it's in the link)

Kickbacks - No surface should be closer than 56" apart including kickback panels (plastic, rubber, fiber)
          Pindeck drop off - 1/4" to 1/2"
          Gutter depth - no less than 3/4" deep
          Curtain distance from tailplank - no less than 14"
          I believe the pindeck is pretty much a perfect square so roughly 42" x 42" plus a 1" tailplank at the pit. We have synthetic decks at our place making no need for a tailplank. So our pindecks are a piece of lane panel cut 42" x 43" I think. So I'd say distance from pit to the drop off would be 43". Don't quote me on these though...

Comment

Perfect guys thanks for all the help!, I will be sure to keep you updated with pics and info as things come a long!
            Thanks
            Mike

Comment

OK, pit turntable is 45 inches in diameter. Pit depth is 7 1/2 inches. Sweep Board is 55 inches wide. Now, I just need one or two more measurements...

Doug

Comment

Thanks Guys, just getting messurments together, then draw it out and start building.

Comment

would anyone have any diagrams or designs on how the pin sweep works, along with how the pin table is lowered and raised?
                  I have been watching videos on you tube but I find it hard to tell

Comment

Hi Mike! While we're waiting for an official answer, I thought I'd throw in a couple thoughts...The sweep is on an endless chain system. Not sure how it's attached, but it does that little "lift" and starts swinging on its way back. If ya can figure out how to attach it, the works are pretty easy.

The "pin table" is called The Tube Board, and I believe that's chain-driven as well. Whether it's a reversing motor, or endless loop, I have no idea. One really helpful area is the Patent site. Go here, and right on top is a DOWNLOAD button.

http://www.google.com/patents/US2962284

It has everything you need to know about the Bowl Mor Candlepin machine!

Doug

Comment

Sorry for promising things for ya Doug then forgetting to follow up :P But I'll get some more accurate measurements for you soon. I can take some video's/pictures detailing the workings of both the sweep and tube drive units for you and Moosehead as well.

Nick

Comment

Thanks very much guys, some great info, Thanks again to all of you helping to put all this together, I love how everyone helps everyone out here!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X